Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been going through old photos in my drive and found one of me 25 years ago about to go for a big ride on my Suzuki DR 500, do you like the old pack on the back and get a load of my gloves.

Different trip but same bike.

My first bike, not even sure what it was apart fom a suzuki 80cc

My wifes 2nd bike, a Suzuki S40

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
On the farm I ride with welders gauntlets on. Looks the same but no sheep lining. Warm and comfy and don't need to swap gloves when having to do farm work. They only come off when I hit the brakes flick them off to shoot :)

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one Capt, lets see some more blast from the past photos from members here.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Hey Phil,

Great pictures from days gone by. Ah yes, the glorious Suzuki S40 - my wife's current ride (but not for long). Suzuki built it specifically to convert fuel into heat. It's almost impossible to understand how much heat radiates from the 650cc single cylinder. It's not very pleasant - in Texas - in the summer!

Oh, and my first bike (the Cushman Super Eagle doesn't really count) was a 1957 750 flat head Harley Sportster. I guess that dates me, doesn't it? What a pile of rubbish that thing was, but it just kept running so I rode it much too long. Pictures? Sorry, but I don't believe cameras had been invented then.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts