Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone think of a reason I couldn't have my wheels powdercoated black the next time they're off for a tire change? Those black bikes from Europe are smokin' hot!

·
Registered
418 Posts
It depends on the temperature of the baking...it could weaken the rim to the point it would be dangerous...find a low temp version.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey boogdaddy I plan on doing the same thing to my wheels when it comes time to put some new rubber on. If done properly, powdercoating actually improves the strength of the object it is being applied to. From a molecular level standpoint, when heated the metal expands and voids in the metal itself actually get bigger, the paint then fills the void and when it is cured essentially is part of the metal's lattice structure. So basically you can't go wrong with it as long as you find a reputable powder-coater. Just make sure you remove anything from the wheel you don't want painted or damaged (i.e. bearings and so forth).

I say go for it. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.