Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

Just went to fill up my Versys. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, the drain on the outside rim of the filler neck was clogged up with some crap. Water had filled up in there. When I opened the tank I got what I'll guess was a tablespoon or two into the tank. It was unavoidable and happened too fast to stop. I'm wondering if that's enough water to play havoc on my motor? Filled it up with super and rode it home a mile or so and it seemed fine. Am I ok? :confused:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
im sure your fine.. if your really perinoid about it put some HEAT into your tank.. but physics says gas is lighter then water so the water will go to the lowest point at rest.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Same thing happened to my mate 2 weeks ago with his er6 650.
He installed heated grips and raised the tank to run the wires... the filler neck drain hose got pinched as he did not pull the hoses down when lowering the tank.
It was raining hard when he went to fill up and dropped 1/2 cup of water in tank as it was not draining. He left the bike at the Petrol station.
I had to help him - so I pulled the tank off and used a Pella Oil extrator (vacuum sucker) to suck the tank dry.
Put the tank back, tested the filler neck drain tubes were working OK, then filled the tank and all was good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts