Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a terribly inconvenient and lightly concerning situation.

Yesterday I went out and as I got back to my bike at an appointment, I realized there were nest bits shoved into the upper cowling just above the headlights. And a LOT of it. I was digging the stuff out for at least a few minutes. I thought maybe the bike coming back without it would discourage them, but no. They persisted. Ran errands on my other bike and when I got back, they'd built up ANOTHER nest but with more stuff in the mix. Spent another few minutes trying to dig it all out again, and threw a cover over the bike.

If they manage to slip under the cover and do it a third time, I'm kinda stumped for ways to keep the little buggers out.

Not sure what birds are persisting, but they must be a larger variety. They got some pretty good sized twigs in there. I'm kinda leaning towards the blue jays. Noticed a couple hanging on the fence next to where I park my Versys.

It's both hilarious, and frustrating. Such is bike ownership, eh?

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My father in law had an issue with birds making nests near where the retractable awning connects to his house. Ever since he placed a big, very real looking, rubber snake near the nest site the birds haven't been back. Something to try?
Oh my gosh that's such a good idea! I will definitely try it if the cover doesn't discourage them. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts