Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a 180Km ride today with about 18 other bikers around various small town around our city to pick up various choclate easter eggs to give to the salavation army who in turn hand the treats out to the less fortunate for easter celabrations. This was a great example of caring bike riders given somthing back to the community. The green 09 versys pictured is the local suzuki/ Kawa bike shop owner on the demo that convinced me to by a V and i was very happy to see him as i feel like i am the only one in my area to have one but the good thing about that is people by pass looking at all the chrome of the wife's cruiser and ask all about the V. Below is a bit about the group that we have now joined.

Bike riders organisation NewZealand
It is a non-profit organization comprising of people interested in motorcycles. The Aims of B.R.O.N.Z. are:
To Promote Road Safety through road user education, education not legislation saves lives.
To Protect and Promote the Rights of Motorcyclists to decide His/Her own Future as a Road User. Let those who ride decide.
To Promote and Protect the general Welfare of the Motorcycling Public.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went a similar ride just before christmas last year called the annual bronz club toy run, we ride around to various towns and pick up already donated toys for familys in need to give for christmas presents to the kids, we has a bus follow us around and filled the seats with all the toys, it was great doing somthing you enjoy and helping people at the same time.:)

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont think we could muster 7000 bikers in a place of 30,000 but that looks awsome

·
Registered
959 Posts
dont think we could muster 7000 bikers in a place of 30,000 but that looks awsome
yeah know that feeling....
"we" got 10,000+ bikes, 15,000+ bikers to Wootton Bassett 2 or 3 weeks ago.. now that was impressive.... I say "we" because although I wasn't involved in the organising, but was merely one of the many who turned up, and what a day it was. I don't think the organisers and authorities actually appreciated that when 15,000 odd riders said they were going to come, that all 15,000 odd did come.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ei=XxmvS6jHJ5n20gTb28ySDg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAUQBSgA&q=afghan+heroes+mothers+day+ride&spell=1&cts=1269766498411

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=afghan+heros+mothers+day+photo&meta=&cts=1269766767490&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

of if you want a single picture to sum it up
http://2wheelmadness.synthasite.com/resources/Wootton Bassett bike run from the air.jpg

still to put it all into perspective, I can remember one of the cast from "Neighbours" saying the UK audience for that program was bigger than the population of Australia

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:interesting:talk obout heavy metal thunder, it must of been deafing especially when the cruisers fired up

·
Registered
875 Posts
Awesome

Beauty idea...put together seamlessly everybody has fun...:exactly: everyone gets what the want....and IMHO...The SALLY-ANNE...is one of the best groups(in the world)to get involved with...They are out there every day on the front lines!!! EXCELLENT POST...CHEERS TO ALL!...Ron:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts