Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

Has anyone done any research on the best anti theft device for the Versys?

Also with gas prices so high does anyone have info on Bike thefts going up as well. Only seems logical. Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
This site should help you:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-alarms/

Since I'm on a road trip every week for work (I'm just returning from a 3000 mile trip now) my bike sits in many hotel parking lots year round. I don't have an alarm and don't plan on getting one. The V does not fit the bill of a great bike to steal.

Still, in some hotels I make sure my window looks out so I can see it and keep and ear and eye open on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought my second V. 2012 all black with Givi hard bags. The first ride to work(64 miles it was stolen from the parking garage. The bike was found in a bad part of town mostly undamaged but the hard bags were broken into. The worst part was the paper work and spare keys were in the hard bags. Now someone has a set of keys to the bike. Not sure if I want to spend the money on a new key set. I never had any problems with my 2009 blue one in three years. Any suggestions on what to do? don't think that it want get taken.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
I've had a Scorpio I900 Alarm on my bike since right after i bought it and park it anywhere. If someone gets to close it starts chirping. I know if they want it bad enough an alarm doesn't matter but most thieves don't want any attention brought thier way.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
You know this might sound kinda silly but when I was running around on my scooter I would lock my bike to a pole. Sure they could cut through it but its one more thing to do. :thumb:

Worked for me! :thumb: I do like those alarms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts