Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the damn thing for 2 months... TWO MONTHS and it got stolen today while I was at work. I rode it to work, parked it at 10am, and when I went to leave at 6pm it was gone. Filed a police report, left message for insurance, and now nothing left to do but sit in my room and drink my sorrows away!

/rant

·
Registered
409 Posts
:thumbdown: :sorry:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Stolen V??

I feel so bad for you. I never even lock my steering here in Newfoundland, Canada. I hope you get your V back.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had the damn thing for 2 months... TWO MONTHS and it got stolen today while I was at work. I rode it to work, parked it at 10am, and when I went to leave at 6pm it was gone. Filed a police report, left message for insurance, and now nothing left to do but sit in my room and drink my sorrows away!

/rant
Oh wow sorry to hear your bad day..Let us know if you get her back or a new one..

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Thieves suck. :mad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike. Here I don't ever lock my steering either and I always just place my helmet on the seat when I go in someplace. Of course it could happen anywhere to anybody.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Damn, that sucks! :sorry:

Don't suppose the chances for recovery are very good, but we can always hope for the best. Maybe the pathetic yobbo who stole it will crash and terminate himself or herself (don't want to be sexist).

·
Registered
156 Posts
THAT SUCKS!!!! I hope you get a new one. A buddy had his bike stolen and it was found a couple of days later in pieces. I personally would not want it back.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Man so sorry! I'm with Bones on this one thieves suck! :thumbdown:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unfortunately I know the feeling only too well having had two bikes stolen in the past. One was an old Honda 360 some kids stole for a joyride and I got it back the same night, the other was a Yamaha RD350LC that I never saw again and was uninsured. We can only hope the thieves suffer a fate that I dare not mention. Karma baby, it comes around.

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
:sorry: I hate a thief. Hope everything turns out alright. But the feeling of being violated will last a long time.

·
Registered
932 Posts
:censored:

Man, that sucks. I always wonder if I'm going to walk out to an empty parking spot despite my attempts to lock it down. I hope they catch the :censored: responsible.

Dave C

·
Registered
120 Posts
Was it stolen in the Ringwood, NJ area??? I'm familiar with your area, and I'm surprised. It's about as rural as Jersey gets, and seems unexpected.

Here in Brooklyn, I always look down the block to where I parked it, half expecting it to be gone... Guys (not sexist, it's ALWAYS large guys) pull up with 2 thick bars, stick them through the frame and are gone in minutes (or less!). Steering lock or disc lock doesn't help. Chained to pole etc can slow them down - but you really need to hope there's a better choice for them to chop just down the street.

So sorry for your loss. Hope insurance was up to date and covers theft.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the sympathy folks. Luckily I do have full coverage including theft so I'm covered in that aspect. It was stolen in Parsippany, about 20 miles from my hometown. I work in a big office building and there are lots of cars in the lot, and my bike just happened to be in the wrong place I guess. I got soooo much joy from that damn bike. Luckily this happened when it did, I had lined up a transaction for happy trails bags and new tires.

Oh well, I guess I'm in the market for a new V! Anyone wanna help a brotha out? :D

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Does your work have parking cameras?

·
Registered
177 Posts
that sucks,

this is why I put a disc brake lock on the front and cable lock through the swingarm/rear wheel when she's parked on the street at home, and when at work I keep it in the shop or at the minimum the brake lock is on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts