Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what stand folks recommend for the 2015 that do not require modifications to the back fender/lisc plate area? I wouldn't mind having a set that works. I tried a cheap china set from Amazon, but it was a no-go. At the moment, I am using for the right side, a 4 x 4 block of wood (screwed onto a larger platform to keep it stable) cut at just the correct height, and a scissor jack on the left.
I haven't modified the back of the bike and do not plan to.
Thx!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question: will the Gen 3 accommodate a front head lift stand? Those seem pretty slick.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Another question: will the Gen 3 accommodate a front head lift stand? Those seem pretty slick.
Yes, you just need to order the right pin.They are listed on the pit bull web site. You can also get colored rear spools.I went with the green ones.You can also find the front stands on craigslist.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turn8a, I just looked at my lower triple tree. There is a rubber grommet in the center. I am assuming this is where the pin goes. Shall I just select the pin that fits that grommet hole? Or pull off the grommet to reveal a larger hole? What do you do and what size pin are you using?
btw, you've been very helpful!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Turn8a, I just looked at my lower triple tree. There is a rubber grommet in the center. I am assuming this is where the pin goes. Shall I just select the pin that fits that grommet hole? Or pull off the grommet to reveal a larger hole? What do you do and what size pin are you using?
Yes, you pull out the rubber grommet. The pin size is 27mm if I remember correctly. I have a T-Rex front stand and it fits perfectly and is built like a tank.

·
Registered
746 Posts
What green streak said .For the 650 I think pit bull calls for the standard pin plus the #2 adapter.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great! Thanks you guys. So far, I ordered the Venom front stand. That rear Pit Bull is a little spendy, but it is the one I'll buy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm in the same predicament. I just purchased a Pit Bull rear stand for my '09 in September of last year. It will not work properly on my '16 LT. It will work if I bob the rear fender but I'm not crazy about the idea (I will if I have to though). I'm considering getting pit bull stand model# F0082A-000 (aka the 'Busa rear stand) that per the description below, seems like it might work. Here's what their website has to say about it:

From: Pit Bull Products - Motorcycle Stands Busa Rear, Motorcycle Rear Stand (ZRX, ZX14, Ninja 1000)

Busa Rear Stand, height adjustable 11.75" - 14.75"

This stand was designed for use with late model bikes that have low hanging stock rear fenders and have not had a fender eliminator kit installed(like the 2nd gen Hayabusa, ZX14, ZX14R, Ninja 1000). This stand is also ideal for Kawasaki ZRX motorcycles to give better leverage when lifting than you would get with a traditional stand.

If you have installed a fender eliminator kit, you can simply use the traditional Spooled Rear Stand or the Standard/Spooled Stand. This stand has height AND width adjustability and is available exclusively with a removable handle.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm in the same predicament. I just purchased a Pit Bull rear stand for my '09 in September of last year. It will not work properly on my '16 LT. It will work if I bob the rear fender but I'm not crazy about the idea (I will if I have to though). I'm considering getting pit bull stand model# F0082A-000 (aka the 'Busa rear stand) that per the description below, seems like it might work. Here's what their website has to say about it:

From: Pit Bull Products - Motorcycle Stands Busa Rear, Motorcycle Rear Stand (ZRX, ZX14, Ninja 1000)

This stand was designed for use with late model bikes that have low hanging stock rear fenders and have not had a fender eliminator kit installed(like the 2nd gen Hayabusa, ZX14, ZX14R, Ninja 1000). This stand is also ideal for Kawasaki ZRX motorcycles to give better leverage when lifting than you would get with a traditional stand.

If you have installed a fender eliminator kit, you can simply use the traditional Spooled Rear Stand or the Standard/Spooled Stand. This stand has height AND width adjustability and is available exclusively with a removable handle.
I've posted this on another thread, too, but I recently bought the Pit Bull SS stand from Revzilla, only to discover it won't work because of the fender. Revzilla, awesome as always, agreed to exchange it for the Pit Bull stand you refer to (even though stands that have been tried out are normally not accepted for returns). Mine should show up any day now. Revzilla also changed the description on their site to indicate the SS won't work on the MK3 Versys 650 and that the 'Busa, et al. stand should be used. I think they're also relayed that info to Pit Bull so it can change its charts, too.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Here is another less expensive option:
Black TRex Rear Motorcycle Stand V

The stand is built like a tank and works perfectly with the stock fender. I am currently using the zinc plated version of this stand on my '15 650LT.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Revzilla, awesome as always, agreed to exchange it for the Pit Bull stand you refer to (even though stands that have been tried out are normally not accepted for returns). Mine should show up any day now.
Excellent. PLEASE let us know how it works as soon as you try it out. If it works out for you, I'll order it immediately and put my old one up for sale.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here is another less expensive option:
Black TRex Rear Motorcycle Stand V

The stand is built like a tank and works perfectly with the stock fender. I am currently using the zinc plated version of this stand on my '15 650LT.

Looks interesting and I like the price much better. The only reason I lean toward Pit Bull is the optional removable handle which makes storage in my little one car garage more convenient.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went ahead and ordered the forward pull Pit Bull stand. I think it seems pretty slick. Looks easy to use too.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts