Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my friend and I are planning a trip from Oregon back to my home in Michigan, he is buying a bike out there so he will be all set but I need to find some way to get my bike out there (don't really want to ride my bike 2300 miles of freeway to get out there). Does anyone have any experience with bike shipment across the nation? I received one quote from a place that says they can do it for about $600. I was also trying to find places that would rent pickup trucks one way, but no luck yet.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
Hi all, my friend and I are planning a trip from Oregon back to my home in Michigan, he is buying a bike out there so he will be all set but I need to find some way to get my bike out there (don't really want to ride my bike 2300 miles of freeway to get out there). Does anyone have any experience with bike shipment across the nation? I received one quote from a place that says they can do it for about $600. I was also trying to find places that would rent pickup trucks one way, but no luck yet.
...maybe you can get jdrocks to ride it out for you....

;)

:grinangel:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uhaul

I have not spoken with uhaul, however they seem to have two problems according to my online research: a trip that far they require you to rent it for 7 days (expensive) and also I can't seem to fid any trucks available in MI or IL. Enterprise also rents pickups I believe but also can't seem to find any available and not sure if they allow one way (I talked to hertz and they said no). Frustrating

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Seems that shipping is not that expensive. Compared to a rental of any kind. Even a one way trailer will be at least $300.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
When are you planning this trip?

I was planning on riding out that way in August, if the timing matches, maybe I could park my V at your place in Michigan (I'm just across the border 1 hr from Port Huron), ride your bike to the west coast and fly back and get my bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
change of plans

Hey guys, thanks for all the helpful ideas. Due to some other issues that would take too long to explain, I guess the plan is to ride out there. RevRandy (or anyone else in the area that may be interested), I am tentatively planning on leaving around the 13th of August if you want to tag along and do some long highway days, I am planning on making the trip in 3-4 days. My neck hurts just thinking about it but I'm still pretty pumped. By myself I was just planning on going cheap hotel route, but I could be talked into camping.... adios:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts