Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my issue of popular mechanics and saw this the bike bunker

http://www.nomadtent.com/press.html

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think its a great idea you could pack up under it if its raining leaving the tent for last. However its a little steep for a tent....maybe the BMW crowd can afford it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Saw one in the 'flesh' at the Seattle bike show-I'll stick with my cover.

13lbs, doesn't sound much, but the way I camp that would represent a big chunk, my tent is about 4lbs.

Machog

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ah, you're rich!! Buy two!
How're you liking Arkansas???
Rich??? Right now I can't afford one. It would be tempting if the Mrs. and I could both park in the tent, and park our bikes there too. Might come in handy for our not exactly planned trip from Key West to Alaska.
It is a little chilly for riding right now, but if you take some time to bundle up the roads are still good. At the moment I'm still trying to get settled and gainfully employed, but so far so good. I found a couple of pieces of property that would work for us, but way out of our price range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bike bunk copycat

just got my issue of popular mechanics and saw this the bike bunker

http://www.nomadtent.com/press.html
how original!!! Nomad tent copied biker tent. That idea/concept was created by covas industries in 2000 with a product called biker tent. They came out in easyrider magazine in 2001 and motorcycle tour and cruise. Debuted in daytona bike week, that same year. Check it out www.bikertent.com
company based in usa. From colorado as well, make's you wonder. Guy can't think up his own ideas.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ad copy says your motorcycle seat will be soaked for days after being caught in the rain:huh: Why not just carry a cheap bike cover if you feel you must cover your bike on a camping trip and buy a decent tent for yourself.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ad copy says your motorcycle seat will be soaked for days after being caught in the rain:huh: Why not just carry a cheap bike cover if you feel you must cover your bike on a camping trip and buy a decent tent for yourself.
I call it a bike wash, it softens up all those bugs. And ya don't have to carry a garage.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Granted it does pack up a little larger but why not by a 10x10 tent and just wheel the bike in? Heck, for $400, you could buy 2 and use one just for the bike. Or how about a tarp? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts