Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a the dealer today and have a major problem. here are 2 bikes that I basically went in to look at. The ER6N and the Versys. I am more interested in the Versys because it looks like it will fit my needs a bit better. I ride to work about 37 miles each way and some back roads hat can get a little bumpy and twisty. It's not my primary mode of ransportation, but it could become more if it's as good as I think. Sounds like I have already chosen...
I'm moving up from a Ninja 500 that just isn't cutting it.
I'm 6' and 230lbs. and the little Ninja is too small.
Anyhow back to my dilemma. I really like the look of the ER and they have a leftover 2009 for $4300. I believe I can get a Versys, leftover '09 for $6000 from the same dealer.
Can anyone help me with some advice please based upon my use and build.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was a the dealer today and have a major problem. here are 2 bikes that I basically went in to look at. The ER6N and the Versys. I am more interested in the Versys because it looks like it will fit my needs a bit better. I ride to work about 37 miles each way and some back roads hat can get a little bumpy and twisty. It's not my primary mode of ransportation, but it could become more if it's as good as I think. Sounds like I have already chosen... :right:
I'm moving up from a Ninja 500 that just isn't cutting it.
I'm 6' and 230lbs. and the little Ninja is too small.
Anyhow back to my dilemma. I really like the look of the ER and they have a leftover 2009 for $4300. I believe I can get a Versys, leftover '09 for $6000 from the same dealer.
Can anyone help me with some advice please based upon my use and build.
Get the Versys and enjoy. No regret! :clap:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Try sitting on them both and see what feels right to you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am also 6' and 230.. I got an 08 versys and I really like it.. I had to lower the pegs and raise the handlebars to get it to fit and now it's fantastic... you'll like the wider bars and taller stance...lot's of power, flickable.. I think I'll get the 44T rear sproket....go read the posts but this bike really does it all... o rings to fix the mirror vibrations...maybe a new windscreen... you decide...

·
Registered
623 Posts
To me it was a no brainer. I chose the bike with more upright seating to ease any discomfort in my wrists while riding.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bought my Versys based on all the good reviews I read here and magazine articles. I have had many bikes in my life but I think the Versys is definitely the best all around bike I have owned. After putting over 1000 miles on it, I still love the bike. It is the first bike I have had that I can go on long rides and not get saddle sore and tired. The stock seat isn't bad for me at all. I had a FZ1 that was far worse. The Versys is not quit as fun as my XR650R supermoto but close enough. It is a keeper.

·
Registered
232 Posts
PMR1010- you came to the wrong place if you wanted unbiased advice regarding the purchase of a Versys. Folks here are crazy about that bike.

But I think you will be happy with the purchase- I love mine. It really is an awesome motorcycle and it could not be more aptly named.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey PMR1010, you can of course change the styling of the V to a tourer, commuter, street fighter, or adventure bike if you like. The higher seat height and longer commute will really make the V a bit easier on the body. Choose whatever you like and enjoy it.

About the price...way too much IMHO. Shop around and look for deals, even brand new you can get a much better price! I bought my 09 off the dealer floor for $4772 and Maryland tags/title cost me $430 back in June.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know of a dealership about 100 miles away that has one for about $4900. It's tough since there aren't very many Kawasaki dealers around here. Really there are only 2 within an hour of me so they hike up their prices accordingly. I'm trying to lean on 1 of them because my boss is spending a ton of money with them this week. And I'm the one brokering the deal with that so I'd like to see where I can get using that as a bargaining chip.
We shall see...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know of a dealership about 100 miles away that has one for about $4900. It's tough since there aren't very many Kawasaki dealers around here. Really there are only 2 within an hour of me so they hike up their prices accordingly. I'm trying to lean on 1 of them because my boss is spending a ton of money with them this week. And I'm the one brokering the deal with that so I'd like to see where I can get using that as a bargaining chip.
We shall see...
Now THAT is leverage...:exactly: it can only make a sweet bike even sweeter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chucky, I see one in my area on CL as well, for the same amount but I'm holding out for the local dealer to see my way of thinking. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts