Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The (3) words that came up over & over from owners when researching the Versys were..FUN, FUN, FUN.

That about sums it up.

What a great bike. It's kinda like Mad Max, BMW, Ducati, & Japan all crashed into each other & this is what came out.

This is just my second street bike (owned a Bandit 1200S for a few years, another great bike), but have had multiple dualsport & mx bikes over the last 20ish years.

This thing is a blast! First day consisted of buying it & getting it home from the dealer before the storms rolled in.

Second day (today) did 100 miles. Wow.

This thing drives itself. :) Can't wait to get it broken in.

I'm 6'-0. Actually like the seat so far. Seat/peg relationship & handlebar reach all feel great.

Can't see too much to do to it so far. (except for some rear spools & corresponding lift for chain maintenance)

Big thumbs up.

Oh yea, it's a new black one...all darked out. All best!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome and agree it is fun and it does drive itself but my wife does tease me about the bike being idiot proof as it rides by itself so you need no skill at all to ride unlike her cruisers she reminds me at times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
welcome ;The day I picked mine up I pulled out of the dealer and a block down the road it poured down rain and progressivly got worse,cold,and40 mile an hour head winds.I got it home and said its all up hill from here! I agree with you about all in one, I keep looking at Cafe bikes ,street bikes,Dirt bikes,vintage bikes and the verseys fullfills them all.There are tons of acessories for this bike , THe2012 all black is the coolist one yet,congrats
Carey

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all.

And Carey, i've been there too with the last new bike I bought...end of the world seeming storm on the way home from dealer (without the 40mph wind). Wicked first test for sure. Helped build confidence in that bike early on.

Ordered the harbor freight lift. Now just need to find some spools. -Scott

·
Registered
43 Posts
pretty hard to find the spools

cycle world carries them in 10 mm, I found a universal pair in a honda shop that worked out really will, they came with 3-size bolts and lots of spacers
and some short extendtions which got the spools out from under the swing arm
you can view my albums they might show a picture.
one of my first purchases was a harbour frieght lift as well, good purchase with a coupon there only $299/Users/dorothystrickland/Desktop/IMG_0283.jpg/Users/dorothystrickland/Desktop/IMG_0499.MOV/Users/dorothystrickland/Desktop/IMG_0660.jpg
here are the pics of cycle worlds $24.99 spools and then the universal ones i bought for $18

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts