Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else frustrated with their helmet shield closing on them when they crack it up a notch to let in some cooler air?

I've got an Scorpion EVO400 and when I open it a notch or 2 the air pushes it back shut. My more expensive helmets don't do that.

Anyone figured out a way to keep them cracked open alittle or seen a part I can buy that does it?

Lance
Illinois
09 Versys
07 Wing

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Didnt really care about haveing a helmet lock when I bought my last helmet, but now I love having it. I never lock my helmet closed, but usually lock the helmet when its open. Creates a very small gap on the left side, to allow airflow. That helmet was a $120 AFX. My scorpion exo 700 has been retired now, but it used to stay cracked.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the Evo 900 and mine stays open when I crack it. It actually feels like there are several notches that I can crack the visor to and it hasn't shut on me yet, even at speed.

However, when cracked and at speed, I have had bits and pieces of things manage to get through the crack and into my mouth... not pleasant!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I have an EVO 400 and it stays open. It has been a great helmet for the money. :thumb:

Also people have said where did you get that helmet it looks awesome! :eek: LOL Yah its 150 buck bucket! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
I have several KBC modulars, and they hold whatever position I want the 'shield. I have two AGVs - the K3 will close from wind, but I don't think the S4 does (it's in AZ...).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts