Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well winter in washington is nearing an end. Time to hang up the ski patrol jacket in a month and get out the bike. I have an 09 V and am going to purchase new tires for the first time. Was looking at the Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires as many people have suggested them in this forum. I found a price for around 310.00 a pair. Was wondering is there a good time of year to buy tires or does it really matter any more? Just curious...

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
Seems like this winter i was getting e-mail with tire specials from all the vendors i've done business with. When i got my PR 3's . (They have 2 types of PR 3's i went with the radial tire.)July 2011 they cost me $301.00 with free shipping from www.jakewilson.com

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I buy them when I need to. Have Pilot Road 2's and am really happy with them. Good wear, ride very well and corner smoothly. Highly recommended!:thumb:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at road 2's and thought the 3 was better for wet roads? This is what I gathered from reading past posts in here. Washington sometimes has little more rain in the summer all though I live on the eastern side of the state seperqated by the cascades so our weather can be allot different.

·
Registered
288 Posts
When the roads are dry so you can scub them in. Be sure the mold release is off before u get to crazy. pmac

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking at road 2's and thought the 3 was better for wet roads? This is what I gathered from reading past posts in here. Washington sometimes has little more rain in the summer all though I live on the eastern side of the state seperqated by the cascades so our weather can be allot different.
I bought the Road 2s as they were cheaper but still a great tire in the wet, the Road 3s are a "little" better in the wet. Don't think you would notice much of a difference. I have them here is Vancouver BC and we get more rain than eastern WA. Save some $ and still get a fantastic tire with the Road 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts