Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Looking for the best throttle contoller/ throttle lock. I have a bar end throttle lock on my Concours, which works great, but the versys has hand protectors, so I don't believe this is an option.

Any suggestions of your best solution is very welcome!

Premium Member
Go Cruise

Had the cheaper plastic one, it flew apart, Twisted Throttle replaced it + the difference in $$ with the aluminum one. I also had the Vista cruise on my 07, however it was a challenge to mount, and with heated grips I wouldn't consider it anymore.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The breakaway is definitely a slick system. My buddy has one and it works great. Says its not compatible with heated grips though? I wonder why.

The omni cruise is nice, but also pricey, there are a number of knockoffs for half the price. I tried the plastic cheapo version and it worked decently well.

Premium Member
$$$

The breakaway is definitely a slick system. My buddy has one and it works great. Says its not compatible with heated grips though? I wonder why.

The omni cruise is nice, but also pricey, there are a number of knockoffs for half the price. I tried the plastic cheapo version and it worked decently well.
The Break away, you need to be a engineer, I can't imagine what the cost is, I would suggest to try going to a actual cruise control if that is what you are trying to accomplish https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...-versys-650-abs.html?highlight=cruise+control

Lots of knock offs, https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/go-cruise-2-throttle-device-universal-auminum-black $50 if you think that is expensive try the Kaoko

https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/shop-by-bike/kawasaki/kawasaki-versys-650-15/kaoko $185

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the Atlas throttle lock looks interesting. At $135, significantly cheaper than the brakeaway or kaoko

Registered
The Atlas is crap. Could never get it to hold properly. Relies on a tiny 30 mm bolt to secure it which does not hold. I'm gonna try the breakaway next. It looks good to me. But then again, so did the Atlas.....oh boy!

Registered
2016 Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800

If your heated grip wires exit to the front, you will have to rotate the grip so the wires exit rear... even so, some have a thick flange.... you'll have to extend the arm that goes to the brake lever bolt....
I did that, works fine. Had to shave a little rubber off the Oxford grip.... but yes not compatible with heated grips right out of the box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts