Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my versys headlight leaves a lot to be desired, Im comimg from a Spyder RT with OEM LED headligths that light the road better than any headlight I have ever seen.... I swapped the Versys headlight to the mattgecko led headlight to find it not being adjustable, then went back to OEM and swapped to the LED bulb that trekOCLVone on youtube did, while its better than stock, while riding on dark roads it still isnt great, the light pattern is bad.. the low beam is slightly low, and the high beam is too high, if I adjust the low up, the high will be in the trees..

Anyways, Im looking for Auxilary lighting that I can mount to my givi crash bars that arent as expensive as denalis.. I do ride country roads that are very twisty at night and could use all the lighting I can get. anyone find the magic amazon led's that are great performers for a good price?

·
Registered
526 Posts
While not qualifying as 'amazon priced', I've been very impressed with my Baja Designs S1 spot set.

They are definitely cheaper than Denalis, and the included wiring harness has better connections than most the wiring kits on Amazon.

·
Registered
283 Posts
my versys headlight leaves a lot to be desired, Im comimg from a Spyder RT with OEM LED headligths that light the road better than any headlight I have ever seen.... I swapped the Versys headlight to the mattgecko led headlight to find it not being adjustable, then went back to OEM and swapped to the LED bulb that trekOCLVone on youtube did, while its better than stock, while riding on dark roads it still isnt great, the light pattern is bad.. the low beam is slightly low, and the high beam is too high, if I adjust the low up, the high will be in the trees..

Anyways, Im looking for Auxilary lighting that I can mount to my givi crash bars that arent as expensive as denalis.. I do ride country roads that are very twisty at night and could use all the lighting I can get. anyone find the magic amazon led's that are great performers for a good price?
Thanks for acknowledging my YouTube channel (trekOCLVone). The LED headlight is better however, for a lot of nighttime riding no way just the head light will be adequate. Even in daylight for additional safety I saw the need for Aux lights. I added the genuine Kawasaki Aux lights along with the Kawasaki crash bar. They are made to go as a pair. I see where X300 owners are adding a 12-inch LED light bar centered under the head light and attached to crash bars with brackets. These LED light bars are not expensive, and the brightness can get pretty intense. This is just a thought as an alternative to two separate Aux lights. Two outward Aux lights has one advantage for sure over the center light bar and that is it add perceived width to the X300 for cars coming at you. Amazon is loaded with Aux lights. There are posts on this forum about the owner's experience with them. Best of luck sorting this out. Keep us up to date when you get to where you are happy with your upgrade.

·
Registered
Vx300 14/43: Urban Assault Vehicle
748 Posts
Kawi’s headlight is definitely marginal. First best thing to do is swap out the bulb with the one Dave recommended. It fits perfectly, good pattern, more light. It’s a big improvement, inexpensive, and easy to swap out. No major disassembly required. I wouldn’t mind adding more light, but am good with it now.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
921 Posts
I ordered some lights from amazon I found on this forum, the OEM switch and OEM wiring harness, I know Im going to have to mod the harness, but I want the OEM switch. switch arrived quick, harness on backorder, and lights/brackets I have
Let us know how it all comes together when everything comes in 👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
283 Posts
I ordered some lights from amazon I found on this forum, the OEM switch and OEM wiring harness, I know Im going to have to mod the harness, but I want the OEM switch. switch arrived quick, harness on backorder, and lights/brackets I have
Let me know if I can help. I can get the Aux lights harness if you need one now. They've been known to be out of stock. It is less than $10. I like the OEM switch and harness as there is no hacking into the bikes wiring in any way.

Reactions: JT in GA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me know if I can help. I can get the Aux lights harness if you need one now. They've been known to be out of stock. It is less than $10. I like the OEM switch and harness as there is no hacking into the bikes wiring in any way.
Hey Dave, can you still get the aux harness? I'm a new member here. I couldn't find a way to PM you.Thanks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey Dave, can you still get the aux harness? I'm a new member here. I couldn't find a way to PM you.Thanks.
I have two extra Kawasaki OEM Aux light harnesses here. I can sell one. I have them for future projects. Kawasaki part number 26031-2337. See picture.
I think I paid about $10 for it including shipping. I can send it to you if you cover the cost of the harness and shipping.
I looked up the lead time on Partszilla.com and it is saying 200 to 210 days. What is it with this harness? lol
It should be noted that it doesn't come with the dashboard switch. Kawasaki part number 27010-0850. This blows my mind - the cost of the Aux light dash switch is $82.31 at Partszilla.com and it's in stock. OUCH ! and I don't have a spare one. It's out of stock and costs $88.50 at Revszilla.com
Let me know what you want to do. I think going with one of these cable harnesses that cost almost nothing is the best way to go no matter what Aux lights you end up using as it eliminates the hacking up of the Versys X300 bike's wiring.
Let me know what you want to do.
Font Fashion accessory Circle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have two extra Kawasaki OEM Aux light harnesses here. I can sell one. I have them for future projects. Kawasaki part number 26031-2337. See picture.
I think I paid about $10 for it including shipping. I can send it to you if you cover the cost of the harness and shipping.
I looked up the lead time on Partszilla.com and it is saying 200 to 210 days. What is it with this harness? lol
It should be noted that it doesn't come with the dashboard switch. Kawasaki part number 27010-0850. This blows my mind - the cost of the Aux light dash switch is $82.31 at Partszilla.com and it's in stock. OUCH ! and I don't have a spare one. It's out of stock and costs $88.50 at Revszilla.com
Let me know what you want to do. I think going with one of these cable harnesses that cost almost nothing is the best way to go no matter what Aux lights you end up using as it eliminates the hacking up of the Versys X300 bike's wiring.
Let me know what you want to do.
View attachment 190160
I definitely want one. I've already got the switch. Yep, they are mighty proud of it. Please let me know how to get the money to you. I still haven't found how to PM here...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I definitely want one. I've already got the switch. Yep, they are mighty proud of it. Please let me know how to get the money to you. I still haven't found how to PM here...
Just click on my screen name on my post "Dave 300x" and a box will appear that is allowing you to message me directly. I should then get notified via email or something. We'll figure it out. I just messaged you with my email and cell#. Dave

·
Premium Member
2022 Versys X 300
75 Posts
If all you want is the plug here you go:

·
Registered
283 Posts

That is a great find. Can you find the mate to the Aux light end of the cable? It's still a 2 pin.

·
Premium Member
2022 Versys X 300
75 Posts
That is a great find. Can you find the mate to the Aux light end of the cable? It's still a 2 pin.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks. I ordered a set of these. Great for repair / replace.

Reactions: BrokeAssCycles

·
Registered
283 Posts

I received this one today it is close in design to the receptacle that is the two-pin power receptacle on the Aux lights harness but not the same. I'll keep it and dig in some more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts