Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding most of my life, I currently own five bikes and have owned many others over the past 30 years but the Versys does it all better and with more fun factor than any I have ever had in my 51 years.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Been riding most of my life, I currently own five bikes and have owned many others over the past 30 years but the Versys does it all better and with more fun factor than any I have ever had in my 51 years.
My story is very similar... Been riding since 16, I currently own one bike and have owned 3 others over the past 24 years but the Versys does it all better and with more fun factor than any I have ever had in my 40 years. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
OK. Now I know we have to meet. Sounds like we have a similar background, and if you have been around here for a while you have seen my travel posts. I listed my bikes in another thread, so what are the 5 you have in your stable?

I actually went to the Kawasaki ticket to ride event in Nashville last spring looking at the Ninja 1000 to replace my Ninja 650. I also rode the Concours and Vaquero. Then I rode the Versys and that was all she wrote! The versys puts a smile on my face like no other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
`69 Honda SL350, `78 Kawasaki KZ650, `86 Honda VF500F Interceptor, `01 Yamaha Roadstar and of course the `09 Versys. I currently have the `69 SL350 taken completely apart to restore and probably add a few of my own ideas. I like to tinker and redo old bikes as much as possible. I can`t help it, I`m a jet engine mechanic and machinist by trade. My wife sometimes thinks its a curse until something needs to be fixed. lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
Have owned my 11' Versys for less than a week! Really enjoying it so far, it's such a blast to just knock around on a small(er) bike. Yet it's still fast enough to zip around traffic if needed...

It's nice to not be worrying about tipping that heavyweight feej anymore... ;)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
`69 Honda SL350, `78 Kawasaki KZ650, `86 Honda VF500F Interceptor, `01 Yamaha Roadstar and of course the `09 Versys. I currently have the `69 SL350 taken completely apart to restore and probably add a few of my own ideas. I like to tinker and redo old bikes as much as possible. I can`t help it, I`m a jet engine mechanic and machinist by trade. My wife sometimes thinks its a curse until something needs to be fixed. lol
Nice stable. I take it you are near Nashville International Airport then? I'm down near the Alabama line. I had a friend back in the early 80s that had a '78 KZ650 with 4 into one header on it. That bike was loud and badazz. I was riding the '77 XS750 back then. It was quite a refined motorcycle for the times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts