Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I took delivery of a Throttle Rocker the other day and love it. :goodidea:

I just wished I had bought a left one as well.

I got the Throttle Rocker II because of the hand grips.

For the Canadians, the price includes delivery to Canuckistan.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had one for years and love it. I remember when I first saw one (circa 1980,s) I thought it was a joke until I tried one...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hi

I took delivery of a Throttle Rocker the other day and love it. :goodidea:

I just wished I had bought a left one as well.

I got the Throttle Rocker II because of the hand grips.

For the Canadians, the price includes delivery to Canuckistan.
Why would you want a left hand one?

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I have both left and right. Have used them for years. Transferred from my cruiser to my V.

The left one feels great as well as it gives your hand support and a place to rest with a relaxed grip or even no grip (stretching fingers over the clutch handle).

The ThrottleRocker may not be the best $12 you spent... Try the Grip Puppies! Free ship!

I put these on a couple weeks ago due to others saying how much better their hands felt. I agree completely. The small grips on the Versys did hurt my hands. Also, they do absorb some of the high frequency handlebar vibes. Not all, but some.

If I had to pick only grip puppies or throttle rocker, I would have to go with the puppies.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try the Grip Puppies![/URL] Free ship!
No free shipping north of the 49th "FREE SHIPPING ... within the US ..." unlike ThrottleRocker who ship everywhere on this big island.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
No free shipping north of the 49th "FREE SHIPPING ... within the US ..." unlike ThrottleRocker who ship everywhere on this big island.
I did not notice where you were located and sometimes forget all of us are spread across the world. Apologies.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been using one for quite a while.

Little tip: If you find your hand slides off the plastic too easily, go to your local skate shop and ask for a scrap of grip tape (looks like sand paper with adhesive on back). Cut a small piece to fit on the back where your palm rests and this will keep you from sliding off.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little tip: If you find your hand slides off the plastic too easily, go to your local skate shop and ask for a scrap of grip tape (looks like sand paper with adhesive on back). Cut a small piece to fit on the back where your palm rests and this will keep you from sliding off.
Thanks for the tip :clap:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Word of warning. Remove for twisties. I've seen what happens when folks don't & they forget about the rocker.
JCIII

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Word of warning. Remove for twisties. I've seen what happens when folks don't & they forget about the rocker. JCIII
:huh: I have been riding with them every ride for over 5 years. Never had a bit of issue with throttle control.

Are you sure your not confusing the ThrottleRocker...

With a Throttle Locking Device???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Totally agree re the rocker. Just got in from a 13000 mile trip to Cali, the Arctic Circle and back. Prior to leaving I was in the market for a Kaoko throttle lock but to be honest, after all those miles with just the rocker, I didn't find myself wishing for more. Hadn't considered one for my left hand yet...might give it a whirl!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've had a problem with them in town, or anywhere need to do a lot of stopping, turning, etc. Sometimes get tangled up when trying to throttle off and hit the throttle instead. I narrowed up the flap, that helped. But I usually just twist it out of the way when I'm going into a small town.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Word of warning. Remove for twisties. I've seen what happens when folks don't & they forget about the rocker.
JCIII
+1 The problem in the twisties is in the right handers when pushing on right grip countersteering you may gas it unexpectedly when you least expect it. Like Firerider I remove mine when I plan on riding the twisties.

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
... and be VERY careful when doing a low-speed U-turn to the right. Your heel-of-the-hand can suddenly add throttle when you least expect it, leading to a crash. My buddy went down twice this way and tossed his 'rocker' after the last.
My experience with a "throttle-lock" - Vista Cruise Universal - is that they're MUCH safer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
throttle rockers are great been using them for a long time... you don't need one on the left... unless your left wrist is getting tired...

·
Registered
738 Posts
throttle rockers are great been using them for a long time... you don't need one on the left... unless your left wrist is getting tired...
I use a kuryakyn strapped on type rocker on both sides. It supports your hands and makes trips a little easier. You can just lay your hand on the grips while you're rolling down the interstate. I'm planning on kuryakyn iso grips and the fancy bolt-in rockers as soon as Dennis Kirk gets the black colored ones in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts