Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed an Arrow slip-on and now have the occasional popping on decel. I'm sure by adding a PC this will go away but what other benefits can I expect. I'm not expecting huge power gains.

Is the Power Commander V the way to go or are there better options?

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I recently installed an Arrow slip-on and now have the occasional popping on decel. I'm sure by adding a PC this will go away but what other benefits can I expect. I'm not expecting huge power gains.

Is the Power Commander V the way to go or are there better options?

One thing you'll have is a much lighter wallet. I thought about getting one once and just didn't see were the very small gains were worth the cost and i buy damn near everything. When i put on my yoshi i had a few pops on decel then i put on a BMC filter and now i very seldom have any popping.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I rode my V with the Arrow slip-on for awhile with out the Power Commander. Also had a lot of deceleration popping.

I replaced the stock header pipes with Arrow headers, did the PAIR valve mod, and added a Power Commander. The PAIR valve mod fixes the popping noise for the most part. Thanks to the Power Commander I noticed the bike is smoother below 5K RPM and it's a little quicker in the sweet spot between 6K and 9.5K.

Worth $300? Sure why the hell not, I'm having fun.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do the pops on decel have any negative influence on engine or sth? I got arrow too and i get plenty of them

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not on the engine afaik, but it does burn the exhaust fibres pretty quick, making a repacking almost an annual affair

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
To begin with, you HAVE to plug the PAIR air line when operating without the catalytic converter. The excess air from the PAIR system causes most of the popping.

I've been using a PC-V with the Autotune module for 3 years now, and I have absolutely no fueling problems anymore.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You may not care, but have you looked into how the Power Commander affects gas mileage?
Today, I put on 144 miles for 3 gallons. Part city, part 75-85 mph interstate, and part country 2 lane. 48 mpg.

This was using a PC-V with the Autotune module. It was installed in 2009.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts