Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Versys Owners.

My names Jonathan, I'm 28 years old and passed my M2 course this summer, with a perfect score. I'm 6'5 tall and weigh around 220lbs. I live in Canada,Ontario which believe the Versys, vstrom, and bmw f800gs are really the only bikes that are comfortable for my size to ride.

I'm recently about to purchase a 2009 versys 650 with ONLY 3,800 kms on it for a good price. My dad has driven motorcycles before I was born, and I think it's about time to ride with him as he always been riding alone.

I know theirs a lot of information to know about this bike, but what were the most important things that I should know, or need to buy before I ride next summer?

Looking to be riding this bike to work (10min away) for my daily commute, and take long adventure drives with my dad so I should buy some luggage. Most importantly I need a very good seat as I hear they are crap, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The seat is pretty comfortable to others I have owned. But it could always be more comfortable.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome! GREAT choice for a first bike, and really great that you can ride with your Dad. I put a Sargent seat on mine, and I've always liked Sargents; put them on the past few bikes I've owned. Do a search, there are a lot of other good seat options as well.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor from the north in Alaska! Check out Seat Concepts or Adcock Flat Seat for upgrade seat options. Being a tall rider you WILL need to install bar risers, foot peg lowering blocks, as well as a seat that allows you to sit a bit farther back. I'm 6' 3" and know what you will be going through. PM me for more details.
Also check out the Dust To Dawson D2D gathering in Dawson City, Yukon for a GREAT ride for you and your dad to take in June! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,780 Posts
Ride it awhile and then make up your mind. I think the seat is pretty good.
Me too, once I raised the front by 9/16"....

...Also check out the Dust To Dawson D2D gathering in Dawson City, Yukon for a GREAT ride for you and your dad to take in June! :thumb:
I'd give the D2D at least...

:thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb:

It's over the summer solstice around 20 June.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stock seat on the versys is pretty darn good, especially for us taller folk... I haven't been on any rides longer then 2 hrs, so i cant comment for touring/adv riding, but for day riding, its a beauty. (I'm 6'2", @ 220 lbs)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts