Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys and gals.. let me know if this is decent to justify the sound of the stock exhaust under load... is it overkill, too many passes, etc? i would like to know if there are any suggestions before i remove the stocker and make the "after" video... thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
You could halve the length of video and still get across your point. Also, some close ups of the new Arrow would be nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome before video!! A lot of exhaust videos only give a short blip of the stock exhaust and 100 different clips of the aftermarket. I would not say its overkill, just very very thorough. Looking forward to the after!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Excellent video, there's no "too much" when we're talking bikes :)

I did the same thing, as I was on the fence about getting an aftermarket slip-on.
I put my camera by the road and passed it several times; WOT, normal cruising speed, accelerating, decelerating etc etc.

My conclusion after seeing my own video, and now also after watching yours, is that I'm gonna keep my stock pipe, as I rather like it.
Quiet when I want it to be, growling when I hit it!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right.. It is a great mix I either side of the coin. I want it to be quiet when creeping and mean when on it (decelerating has a nice deep tone) but like I said I just want a little more thickness to the sound. The arrow with baffle sounded great in the video with the guy not wearing a helmet. It's done and done. "after" video tomorrow night :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
You're right.. It is a great mix I either side of the coin. I want it to be quiet when creeping and mean when on it (decelerating has a nice deep tone) but like I said I just want a little more thickness to the sound. The arrow with baffle sounded great in the video with the guy not wearing a helmet. It's done and done. "after" video tomorrow night :)
Looking forward to the "after" video, maybe I once again will have to climb onto the fence... :D
I've always gotten aftermarket exhausts for my bikes, and I'm sure the V will not be an exception to the rule - with time :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice!!!
I think I may like the Arrow better than the Leo and others I've heard (virtually heard that is).
Sorry Leo??? Staying stock for now,,

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Leo Vince sbk that's shaped like a snail is a beautiful piece of art, but I am very happy with my decision. I wish I could keep the same deep tone as stock with a few more db. But call me what you want, the sound of a good exhaust on anything always gets me going.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice work, nice to hear it compared to stock, and to hear many different passes, not just idling for a few sec's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts