Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I rode the Beartooth Hwy coming home from Colorado. There is construction on the WY side that shuts down the pass from 8PM to 10AM. I arrived at the site at about 10:15 and it still hadn't opened and was put off to the side with about 60 other vehicles and bikes. It was pretty crowded so I just flipped it around near the front of the line. When they let us go I was behind 4 harleys and 2 vehicles. Not far past the actual construction I had passed everyone and had the pass all to myself. I ran the last 10 miles on the WY side and all of the MT side with not one person in front of me all the way to Red Lodge. I figure that's a once in a lifetime experience. Me and the V had a wonderful time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ah, memories - had a similar experience going over Trailridge (Rocky Mountain National Park, CO) one year - usually that road is rife with oversized RVs and folks with stinky brakes. It was amazing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
A beautiful road

That's one of the most beautiful roads in America. I've not had the chance to ride it on a motorcycle, but I did get to ride it on a bicycle a few years ago, riding from Cooke City to Red Lodge. It's a hell of a climb, but well worth the effort. I got lucky and had perfect weather that day, which is rare. I can't wait to get back out there with a motorcycle to do it again with time to enjoy the ride.
It's a great place for backpacking too, with miles and miles of mostly flat high country plateau with hundreds of small lakes.
You were really lucky to hit it when the traffic was light.

·
Registered
101 Posts
One of these days I'm going to get up there to ride that! There's a BMW M/C Rally held every summer called the "Beartooth" rally and its located just outside Red Lodge, MT. It's on my bucket list thats for sure!:goodidea:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts