Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up riding to the Adirondacks and was slightly disappointed. The street roads were fairly straight and mountains didn't seem very high. I really regretted not having a more aggressive tire. There were a lot of cool unpaved, but moderately steep, roads that went up the mountain sides. I was too concerned with the rear tire not pushing me up, or being able to slow down on the descent to take a stab at it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yes, please let me know too, I'm interested, especially if we take some exploration forays onto unpaved roads.
Nothing like the Versys to get yourself in trouble. :D

BAMF, remember those twisty but very bumpy roads around Bear Mountain that we rode on the Versys overnight outing? I believe it was called Harriman State Forest or something. They are repaving those roads!
I came through there last weekend and those roads were closed (but not closed enough for me, I just rode on the still un-repaved side, waving at the road crew) for repaving.

·
Registered
293 Posts
gimma a shout next time you wanna head out...i am always down for a ride

* I am in philly
I would love it if BAMF or someone setup another Bear Mountain/Catish ride. I had fun on the 1 day ( didn't get to camp out the second day). Since then I bought some camping gear for my bike so now I am good to go. Was just waiting for someone to set something up!

Maybe Mid october?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts