·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Sorry thought it said "Beer Alert"

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Twowheeladdict, I assume it's a kawa zrx since they mention zrxoa...

·
Registered
670 Posts
how nice that he records his moving violations for the judge. i'm sure that'll come in handy one day. :goodidea:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
It's a ZRX1100, and he's always in a gear or two too low. So many punks do that just because they like to sound racy... A very tall female moose bolted out of the bush directly in my path about 30 feet ahead and led the way for a bit as I rode along a tight dirt road at about 30 mph this evening. We then stopped and starred at each other for a while... It had really nice fur.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
It's a ZRX1100, and he's always in a gear or two too low. So many punks do that just because they like to sound racy... A very tall female moose bolted out of the bush directly in my path about 30 feet ahead and led the way for a bit as I rode along a tight dirt road at about 30 mph this evening. We then stopped and starred at each other for a while... It had really nice fur.
That is so awesome! Largest of the deer family. I love just cruisin dirt roads!

Looking at each other like you said in my book is a very spiritual experience.
Years ago hikiing in Alaska came face to face with a black bear and for a few seconds we looked at each other.

Things I will never forget! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
What makes you say he was a gear or two too low? When I ride in traffic I keep the revs up to make the bike more responsive to the throttle so I can either apply throttle and get out of a situation, or chop the throttle and get some engine braking while I am reaching for the brake lever.

When riding in traffic or curvy roads you want to stay in the sweet spot in the power band. For inline 4 bikes that means you need to have the RPMs up.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
No need to be so close to redline and to downshift at the slightest decceleration when you're just cruising along, especially with all the avalable power of a ZRX1100, and even with the torquey Versys. It's just unnecessary at such low load levels. All that power is not needed when travelling at a relatively steady speed... You can use your full rev range at wide open throttle if maximum acceleration is desired. It's easy enough to downshift to a lower gear if ever required.

·
Super Moderator
19,571 Posts
Over the last THREE weeks I've been face-to-face with a fairly large grizzly - NICE silver tip!, (Hwy 1 in Rodgers Pass), then a bull moose in velvet and black bear in the BC interior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts