Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As riding starts back up in the mid-west and other place stay on your toes. Friday was my birthday and almost my LAST birthday. I was in DOWNTOWN Springfield and a Semi driver decided he wanted the left lane I was in so he just ran me off the road....into oncoming traffic! :censored: I was lucky that there was a lull in south bound cars or I wouldn't be writing this. Now he waved at me so he can't say he didn't see me. BUT he's pretty stupid as the company name is plastered all over the trailer it and it's only a couple of miles from my house. The police and I are going to have a little talk with his boss Monday.

I saw this online this morning. again right around the corner from me.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/motorcycle-car-collide-causing-man-to-be-ejected/nXFW4/

Stay safe out there and go home to night please safe and sound. :thumb:

Time

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't say, don't know. I do know there's a "Biker Bar" right around the corner and they all hang out there. Not saying who or anyone was drinking.....

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Wow... Time must be on your side. Monday should be interesting.

The semi driver I was following on the 2-lane highway coming out of town once, twitched a bit right then left, then started riding off to the right onto gravel shoulder. It just kept going further off, onto the shoulder and straight down into the rounded ditch, up the outer bank a bit which pushed it back to the left, and it looked like he was gonna try riding back up onto the road! :eek: It just rolled back down back and forth, then slowed to a stop in the bottom of the ditch. Cop station was next up on the left, so I stopped to report it... The trucker had suddenly died of a heart attack.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts

Time
You too!!! Glad you rode away from that one! I had similar happen to me when I was 17. It was not a semi, but a pickup. My young dumb self was riding along side the bed of his truck (matching speed) when the car in front of him decided to make a quick right turn into a store lot and instead of braking, the pickup to my right yanked the wheel to the left and forced me over the double yellow. Had there not been a gap, I would have been able to just climb into the bed of his truck. Imagine tapping his rear glass asking him to pull over! :eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
when i drive a ALAWAYS assume that i am invisible to other driver , which means that i am precautious , if you think that they saw your in big trouble

·
Registered
481 Posts
did you file a police report? I have had similar experiences and have found the police unhelpful. I'm glad you are safe. Ride like you are invisible!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I NEVER ride like I'm invisible...I ride like they all see me fine...and Hate my guys and WANT to kill me!

The instructors that taught the MSF course I took years ago were a husband and wife team, you never knew who was playing the crazy one and who was the strait guy.They both said "Ride like they are OUT to get you at all times". Always be willing to give way and always have a "Out" After all you WILL lose in a "Coming Together".

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ageed! Be careful! Always leave yourself an out! :thumb:

Have had some awesome spring riding! :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
As riding starts back up in the mid-west and other place stay on your toes. Friday was my birthday and almost my LAST birthday. I was in DOWNTOWN Springfield and a Semi driver decided he wanted the left lane I was in so he just ran me off the road....into oncoming traffic! :censored: I was lucky that there was a lull in south bound cars or I wouldn't be writing this. Now he waved at me so he can't say he didn't see me. BUT he's pretty stupid as the company name is plastered all over the trailer it and it's only a couple of miles from my house. The police and I are going to have a little talk with his boss Monday.

I saw this online this morning. again right around the corner from me.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/motorcycle-car-collide-causing-man-to-be-ejected/nXFW4/

Time
Glad you're ok! ... Regarding the other article you quoted, still can't figure out what motorcyclist in his right mind rides without a helmet!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
19,947 Posts
...My young dumb self was riding along side the bed of his truck (matching speed) when the car in front of him decided to make a quick right turn into a store lot and instead of braking, the pickup to my right yanked the wheel to the left and forced me over the double yellow....
I try to NEVER ride beside ANY vehicle, for any longer than it takes to pass it.

:goodidea:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I try to NEVER ride beside ANY vehicle, for any longer than it takes to pass it.

:goodidea:
Oh yeah! That lesson was learned 23 years ago! Never ride beside someone unless passing or being passed. :thumb: Works well for cars too but at least you have a bit more visibility and protection.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Had a semi run me (in my cage) off of the road onto the left shoulder of a 2 lane highway. Then when I shot past him he shook his head at me like I was at fault. We had some words at the toll booth.

D-bags aside always remember semis have huge blind spots. Glad your ok! There's some crappy drivers out there !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Be Safe

Went out in a group of 6 today to do the "Three Sisters" of the Texas Hill Country......very windy roads. One of our gang must have got caught off guard by one of the twisties and laid his bike down (totaling it).....Guard rail stopped him from going off a cliff. Anyone who's ridden the "Three Sister's" would probably know the turn. He walked away with a bit of road rash and a bruised ego. Helmet was pretty banged up.

Thank you,

Choppastyle

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
And remember that any driver can happen to die unexpectedly while driving... All the overweight baby boomers are starting to fall like flies.
Invader you crack me up! ( like flies! ) :D :interesting:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lmao:funnypost::funnypost::funnypost:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts