Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the stock tires I went to BATTLAX SPORT TOURING T30 and really liked them. I drive on paved roads 95% of the time and like a long lasting tire. Before I get these again, would anyone recommend a diff tire?

Crash

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
After the stock tires I went to BATTLAX SPORT TOURING T30 and really liked them. I drive on paved roads 95% of the time and like a long lasting tire. Before I get these again, would anyone recommend a diff tire?

Crash
My V-1000 came with T-30's when needed i will be putting on a set of Michelin PR-4s

·
Registered
806 Posts
Oooh. Tire thread.

Iff'n I were to mount highway tires they would be Pirelli Angels.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
The new Metzeler Roadtec 001 gets very high ratings. See online reviews. Probably what I will get on my next tire change, if for no other reason I want to try something different from the usual PR 4's. Similar tread pattern to Michelin PR 4 so should theoretically be good in the wet. Supposedly more sporty handling than PR 4, which test said was more touring oriented.

IMHO I don't think you can really go wrong if you stick to higher end sport touring tires (as long as pavement performance is what you want) like Pirelli Angel GT, Metzeler Roadtec 001, Michelin PR 4, Bridgestone T30, etc.. If you ride in the wet or cold though I would avoid cheaper single compound tires as I've had a bad experience with them being a lot more slippery in those conditions. They also wear more unevenly and flat spot faster and sometimes don't last as long.

In my experience tires do make a subtle but noticeable difference in handling.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Over the years (45+) I have ridden a variety of bikes on a variety of tires. To be quite truthful, except for longevity and price I can't tell much difference in regular street tires. Once you start using a radically different tread design (ie. off-road knobbies or a flat aspect tire) then you can really feel a difference. Someone who is more "track" oriented in their riding style could probably tell the difference but the average rider probably won't notice a thing when switching brands of tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts