Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are a Mariners Baseball Fan this is a sad day. Our friend Dave Niehaus passed away this evening. I don't know if spring and summer will ever be the same. "Get out the rye bread and mustard grandma...it's grand salami time!"

:cheers: RIP Dave

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Seattle Mariners broadcaster Dave Niehaus, who became the living embodiment of the franchise in his 34 years behind the microphone, has died. Niehaus passed away after suffering a heart attack at his Bellevue home on Wednesday, according to his family. He was 75 years old.

Famous for his colorful and deft storytelling skills, Niehaus brought Mariner games to life with his passion for the game and his trademark phrases, "My oh My" and "Get out the rye bread and the mustard, Grandma, it's a grand salami." He was there for the first pitch of the new franchise in 1977, and through this year was a staple of both radio and television broadcasts of Mariner games. Niehaus received the Ford Frick Award in 2008, a top broadcasting honor, presented at Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

RIP and god bless his soul.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts