Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several months ago I ordered these through Twisted Throttle and watched their online instruction video. The video shows cutting the end off the handlebars and moving the controls around, so I have been waiting until my father in law could bring up some tools to help with the job.

We tackled it yesterday and the entire job was under forty minutes with no cutting or moving of controls.

I had the full Versys kit TT sells, and it just involved removing the handlebar weight, no cutting. We don't even need the spacer it comes with because the handlebars are already threaded. The clamps for the handlebars fit below all the controls and even leave room for tools to get to the controls.

If you are like me and put off doing this for fear of cutting the end of the handlebars, don't worry about it. I will keep this updated in case I totally screwed up and they fall off during the third ride.

Question--I used no Locktite yet but feel I should because of vibration. Do I want the red or blue? I know there are slight differences in the two. Any experience with these would be appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'd use Blue for that install because you will, eventually, want to remove them for some reason (replace grips, add grip heaters, whatever). Red can be defeated but it takes a fair amount of heat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How do they block the wind while your riding? Just ordered a set of powermadd star guards but if I dont have to cut the bars I would go with the barkbusters. I think the barkbusters look a bit better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I have some mileage with the handguards.

Kimel--thanks, I went with the blue and they don't seem to be shaking at all.

All riding temps have been 50 or above, so I can't tell for sure, but they seem to block the wind pretty well. I can lift my hands a bit and feel a difference. As turbo pointed out, they do come with a second set of shields, but I won't put them on until fall.

So far, I would recommend them and install was easy. Thanks guys.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts