Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have Acerbis hand guards the mount the same way. I had to loosen the control mounts and slide them inwards in the bars to make enough room for the hand guard mounting bracket. This was fine for the Acerbis mount but the one you are looking at looks much wider then mine from the picture so I don't know if there will be enough room before you hit the bend in the bars for both the hand guards and the control blocks. It may work or not.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the powermad handguards they have a really narrow mount, i may give them a try.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Speaking of......
I need a set of handguards THIS WEEKEND for the Versys. I already bought a pair Acerbis guards that didn't even come CLOSE to fitting. I need to be able to go the the local shop (Fun Bike Center) and pick something up since I don't have time to order online....Any recommendations on anything that'll fit the V without modification? I know they carry Acerbis, but not sure if they carry anything else......Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
Have you given it a try. Most hand Guards do fit on the handle bar curve. Mine also fit on the handle bar curve.
Hope the image below is of some help.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, just took them out again.....The Acerbis guards I bought only have one connection point, and they look like they would connect right where the rubber grip on the Versys ends and the "instrument clusters"(lights, turn signals, etc..) begin. Maybe I bought MX guards on accident.....?

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
When you install the barkbuster you have to take of the versys end bar weight. The kit I got was 2nd hand from a guy that was stripping down a v for parts, make sure you get the silver bar weight if you get the barkbuster, see my photo. they work briliantly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts