Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around at universal handguards for the V (weather protection only).

They are expensive!

Then I saw the Raiders.

Searched the forums for them but didn't find much, but did find the raiders at overstock for 19.00 (something like 22.00 with shipping).

Going to try them out.

If they don't work out, they'll go on the quad. If they do work out, I'll post up some pics! :cheers:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I say try the cheap ones because my barkbusters cost me like 180? Not a cheap upgrade :(

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Those Raiders appear to be the exact same product as PowerMadd. And for about the same cost too. The PowerMadds are decent guards and look good. Like most of the less expensive guards, they don't have a backbone to fasten to the bar end, so they are strictly for wind and bug deflection and will collapse in a lay-down.

My only complaint with the PowerMadds is that the mounting hardware started showing rust almost right away.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I say try the cheap ones because my barkbusters cost me like 180? Not a cheap upgrade :(
The Barkbusters are an awesome wraparound lever/hand crash shield for sure. No getting around paying for that kindof protection.

For this V, I'm just looking for some weather protection. And of course to amplify that black/black batbike look. :cool:

The raiders do look like a knockoff of the powermads, ATYC. That's fine so long as they mount/perform reasonably well.

And Baron, i had the Acerbis rally handguards on a 2000 KLR that i had. Great guards! No alum backbone, but high impact plastic wrap-around type. Lightweight & never broke/bent/ect in multiple get-offs.

Ordered the raiders but won't have them for a few days.

Looking at the switchgear layout on the V, the clutch side of the handlebar looks pretty roomy for additions, the brake side maybe tricky with the big brake fluid reservoir.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts