Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience of how high you can raise the bars without problems with cables and hoses? (08 650 Versys)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the Moro Werk 1.5" risers, and my cables are pretty tight.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I agree. I have the one inch without any problem. Hopefully Fast Eddie will chime in here as he likes his bar up high for the all the standing he does to lower his CoG. My not too good memory seems to say that if you cut some of the wire ties from cables and brake lines, you MIGHT make it to 2 inches. I can tell you that even a rise of one inch along with raising the front of the seat with a block or the Fast Eddie method will make more of a difference than you imagine with regard to your comfort on the bike. Also that riser pushes the bar towards you a little which helps. You can also get a way with some rotation toward you if needed-I did that a very small amount. Good Luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With a King/Queen seat, sissy bar and hiway pegs, should work nicely...

·
Super Moderator
19,630 Posts
Anyone have any experience of how high you can raise the bars without problems with cables and hoses? (08 650 Versys)
I have 2" ROX RISERS on both my V650s, and I believe you could go a bit higher w/out cable issues, but I haven't tried.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have been using 3 ½ inch Rox risers on my 2015 Versys 650 for a few years. This mod only requires moving the clutch cable to pass behind the triple tree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts