Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone has tried the Rox Speed Elite handle bar risers on a Versys yet . I have them on my KLR and they simply rock .
If the Rox Elite will not work on the Versys and you have something else that is adjustable as the Rox Elite , please let me know .

Thanks , PO-SLOKE

·
Registered
193 Posts
I put a set on a couple of weeks ago. So far they're great. I can adjust them to exactly where I want the handlebars. They fit perfectly. If you've already had a set then you know what they're like - wonderful!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a set on a couple of weeks ago. So far they're great. I can adjust them to exactly where I want the handlebars. They fit perfectly. If you've already had a set then you know what they're like - wonderful!

MOST AWESOME ....So , next question . Did you have nay troubel with cables and such ? Re-routing ? Binding ? etc... etc... ?
If no problem to difficult to sort out , I will order those babies tomorrow . Got them on my KLR and everyone wants to ride the darn thing to see how they like them . I should be getting a commision ya know ? lol

Thanks , Wes ... aka... PO-SLOKE

·
Registered
193 Posts
'thought I replied already, but it didn't show up. Maybe it'll be there twice. I put the Rox on my Versys a couple of weeks ago. It works great. I'm not sure which one I have (don't have the receipt in front of me) - It's the one with spacers for the handlebar so you can use regular or the fatter bars. Fits fine, now I can set the handlebar exactly where I want it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I guess I did post twice. My bad.:(

I had no trouble with the cables or anything. Very easy install.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you did reply my friend , but I was curious if you had cable problems getting them installed . Did you have to re-route cables and such .

·
Registered
139 Posts
Any pics of them on the bike? Would I be able to pivot them enough forward to effectively LOWER the bars?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Can you provide a link as to where to buy these?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a thread on www.klrworld.com with a really good explantaion and photos of the RoxSpeed risers . RoxSpeeds website is easy to google . I sure hope it is ok to post a link to another Forum on this site . There has been some really stupid behavior envolving a klr.net forum . [/url]www.klrworld.com[/url] works well with other forums and has no problem with us posting links to any other forum . www.klrworld.com is a top notch , NO BS tech site that appreciates all responsible riders and has no problem with us posting links to or from other sites that maintain a professional attitude . Just thought I would say that in the event someone has issues with me posting this helpful link .

http://klrworld.com/forums/index.php/topic,8953.0/highlight,rox+risers.html

http://klrworld.com/forums/index.php/topic,8953.0/highlight,rox+risers.html

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wasn't sure if that was a member area or not . I will try to post a photo of them but will have to wait until tomorow when there is enough light to on out and shoot them . LOL

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow, I go away for a few days and the thread gets swamped:rolleyes:

Yes, I did effectively lower the bars by bringing them closer to me. They're not actually lower because they'll hit the gas tank. But since they're closer they feel lower (if that makes any sense). I actually have the base of the bar a bit higher, and then rotated the grips portion to bring them to almost touching the tank. The nice thing about the Rox is that they're easy to adjust so I can try lots of different set ups.

The Rox that I got have the ability to hold either the regular sized bars or by taking out spacers you can put on the larger bars. It's the larger bars that have the cross piece you're writing about.

I'll try to get some photos of the set up posted. It will take me a bit since I've not done it before and I'm really slow.:sleeping:

I got mine from happy-trail.com. Great folks and I got it in just a couple of days.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=268

Very well designed risers. I don't feel a need for them but now I wonder if there is something I could be missing. :confused:

Yes , you may well be missing something . I have the Rox Speed Elite risers on both my bikes . I did find that the cables were a little cramped at first on my V , but playing with them a bit setteled that down .
it seems to me , that cables are not always just exactly the same from bike to bike . And I mean the same model bikes . Cables on one may be a little tighter than others but I did fine with it on mine .
The Elite model risers are the ones that will excpet a 78/ bar and or a 1 1/8 bar if you remove the shim . They are of exceptional quality over some cheap stuff and are infinitly adjustable . Really well made bar and have a custom look .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine are on a brown truck somewhere between Cali and NC. Hopefully will have them mounted up by next weekend and will post some bike bling pictures and ride report.

Got 'em here:
http://store.advdesigns.net/rox1.html

cheers,
/neil
Dad burn , I think I started a flippin' epidemic for bar risers here . LOL
I have always liked the rox risers , but my first intention was to find out if there was cable issues with them on the V . Mine worked out great with a little bit of paying attention to the cables , It sure gets things into your hands allot better .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts