Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  potus2012 
#1 ·
I'm pretty sure I can get my V in the back of my van, if I take the windshield and mirrors off. I'm wondering if anyone has gone with bar end mirrors, and what you think of them. Particularly interested in getting some that won't vibrate excessively. Recommendations and disappointments welcome. Thanks in advance for any input.

#2 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
I had bar end mirrors on my bike for a couple of weeks. I bought the cheaper Ken Sean mirrors from a local dealer. They look just like this, only black. I paid about $17 eah for them. They had another brand, but they were $35 each & looked very similar.

I liked the view, but the mirror glass area needed to be a little bigger. They're convex, but that only helped a bit, and was actually part of the reason I quit using them. The mirror surface is plastic & would go from convex to concave, giving me a very focused view of my leg, & I had a helluva time getting it back to convex again.

Second big problem, the mirror is attached to the attachment arm by a ball, which wouldn't stay in place at highway speeds. This lead to me having to adjust the mirror often & as hard as I tried NOT to touch the glass, I would somehow manage to poke it with my thumb & *pop* the mirror would go concave again. It was SO annoying that I put the stockers back & haven't looked back...

And yes, they vibrated.

#8 ·
Thanks for the info golfmuch. That looks like it will fit my needs. I assume you needed the 'internal bar end adaptor', and the 'LS elbow upgrade'? BTW, who makes your brush guards?

#10 ·
For those of you that have done away with the stock mirrors, I have a few questions:
1. What size is the thread on the stock mirrors?
2. Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to use a smaller thread mirror in the stock mount?
3. What have you done with the stock mirrors you got rid of? My wife thinks they might work/look good on her Vulcan750. Don't want to give her mine until I've adequately replaced them though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.