Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops...Guess I should have reviewed my post. That should be: MIRRORS not MIRRLOS

Thanks for your inputs! I think that I want bar end mirrors but have never used them before. I have also seen prices of $75 each for some that looked similar but would rather not pay that much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They sure look like quality mirrors. but the V has the threaded inserts which will have to be drilled out. I've been looking for a replacement thanks for the link. The only thing is what to do with the original posts that stick up off the controls when you take the stock mirrors off. A flagholder perhaps?

·
Registered
419 Posts
They sure look like quality mirrors. but the V has the threaded inserts which will have to be drilled out. I've been looking for a replacement thanks for the link. The only thing is what to do with the original posts that stick up off the controls when you take the stock mirrors off. A flagholder perhaps?
Flip that half of the bracket upside down? Pretty sure the half with the mirror posts is a half-circle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not know that about the threaded inserts. That is good to know. I don't know how much of a chore drilling that would be...and what I would do if I drilled it and then decided I wanted to return it to the original configuration.

I am not where I can view my bike right now but I did not think that the mirror posts were that big a deal...guess I will have to evaluate that too.

Well...I was getting ready to take a chance and pull the trigger but I think I need to look at the issues that you mentioned first. Thanks!

BTW, I like the bike too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The mirror posts stick up almost an inch. I heard one guy say he used them as a gadget holder, ipod, cell, gps, even driving lights. Now that would be trick. As far as putting on the original bar ends, probably not likely, but you won't want to after getting rid of those flyswatter mirrors on the V.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts