Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Not a war yet, but people are getting pretty fed up with being treated like second class citizens by the police.
That "thin blue line" will be snapped in two before things get better.

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
Just a bunch of thieves and thugs that should be shot down like rabid dogs....:exactly:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If the looters are so mad, why are they smiling as they carry stuff out of that CVS?
Dan
How could anyone be mad with prices like those!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pretty soon the police will not be able to do there job for fear of the repercussions. Certainly there are cops that take things too far and some are down right bad.
Most are good people just trying to do the right thing and keep you and me safe.

Now I need those good ones to find the asshat that stole my K1100rs!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Unemployed, elderly, and College students are the only ones who have time to protest and riot. College students have to consider their futures, and elderly are just too tired.

Stop giving out welfare and create jobs programs. That would solve a lot of this. They won't have time to be thugs and thieves and won't have to be confronted by the police.

I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop in a poor neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Stop giving out welfare and create jobs programs.
Nice in theory, but not so practical in reality.

We have a free market economy, so either the private sector hires them or gov't spends more to create make work projects for them.

The free market thing has already been tried and been proven to be a failure. If you recall, Bubba instituted Workfare in the 90s. On paper, it sounded great. Welfare recipients would have to work at least part time to keep their benefits. The idea was to get them in the workforce and get them skills that would allow them to make enough to be ineligible for benefits.

What actually happened was a different story. The employers never provided enough hourly pay or benefits to get the workers out of poverty, so the gov't still ended up paying those benefits AND also had to shell out for their kids daycare. The program was eventually scraped.

What should happen is the gov't should eliminate tax advantages for outsourcing labor, force the companies sheltering money in tax havens to repatriate it or face exile, increase the top tax rate back to around 90% as it was prior to Reagan, and seize the money of the unpatriotic bastards that sold out our country's industrial base to make an easy buck off the backs of slave labor in unregulated countries they were free to pollute.

That will never happen. The corporate masters own too many politicians. As such, our country will maintain its race to the bottom. Enjoy the ride, it makes for great TV.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Media promotes agenda.

If riots do not stop.

Protesters and all people in martail law containment area lose all rights under constitution with new martail law rules! :eek:

How? I don't know but they do!

N.G. will be sent in first than martail law. :eek:

Containment will allow no one to leave unless they work for gov. or wealthy, Area will be sweep clean of all weapons. Food and water will be controlled. :eek:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Media promotes agenda.

If riots do not stop.

Protesters and all people in marshal law containment area lose all rights under constitution with new marshal law rules! :eek:
Oh yeah, cause that happens every time punks go a lootin. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
805 Posts
I think most of these looters have lost touch of why they are there, and what they should be doing and instead make themselves look like the real POS's they are. All that for some free toilet paper from CVS. SMH

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Pretty soon the police will not be able to do there job for fear of the repercussions. Certainly there are cops that take things too far and some are down right bad.
Most are good people just trying to do the right thing and keep you and me safe.

Now I need those good ones to find the asshat that stole my K1100rs!
I think they are building up their energy at the donut shop :D

·
Registered
245 Posts

Not sure why he ran or resisted arrest; I mean he seems like an upstanding guy.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nothing to see here except another Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson fundraiser.

·
Registered
481 Posts
March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)
http://heavy.com/news/2015/04/freddie-gray-arrest-record-criminal-history-rap-sheet-why-was-freddie-gray-arrested/

Highly Predictable outcome for Freddie if you ask me. It also looks like he was never held accountable for his actions. That is something he had in common with the thug named Michael Brown.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Nice in theory, but not so practical in reality.

We have a free market economy, so either the private sector hires them or gov't spends more to create make work projects for them.
Jobs programs worked under FDR. The problem is that these lazy SOBs don't want to work, or want a wage that is unreasonable for the service provided.

If they get paid only a little under someone who attends 8 years of school, incurring debt in the process, there will be less and less people attending school and our society will fall further into the pit like communist Russia did.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
What should happen is the gov't should eliminate tax advantages for outsourcing labor, force the companies sheltering money in tax havens to repatriate it or face exile, increase the top tax rate back to around 90% as it was prior to Reagan, and seize the money of the unpatriotic bastards that sold out our country's industrial base to make an easy buck off the backs of slave labor in unregulated countries they were free to pollute.

That will never happen. The corporate masters own too many politicians. As such, our country will maintain its race to the bottom. Enjoy the ride, it makes for great TV.
Florida tried that while I was living there and what was the result. The companies pulled out and no more employers except for low wage tourism jobs.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Jobs programs worked under FDR. The problem is that these lazy SOBs don't want to work, or want a wage that is unreasonable for the service provided.
I was watching a show called Vice about the immigration crackdown in Alabama. Ran off most of the Mexicans. The state had few to do most farm work. The ones they had wanted a lot more money and went home at noon. The state lost billions in GDP. The politicians have quietly been rolling back all their anti-immigration laws. The Mexicans aren't coming back as fast as they left.

If they get paid only a little under someone who attends 8 years of school, incurring debt in the process, there will be less and less people attending school and our society will fall further into the pit like communist Russia did.
I don't think there's any danger in that. Most people with that kind of degree are in the medical field making 6 figure salaries with full benefits etc. Most of the unskilled labor is making $7 part time with no benefits. There's a lot of room for a middle class in there.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts