Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellers,

Contrary to the pleasing trend of satisfaction with the Baldwin seat, I have never been particularily happy with mine. I had a hard time putting my finger on exactly it was, but after 1 hour in the saddle, I would have to get off my ass was so sore. I think it still sloped me forward too much, and put too much pressure on my ishial bones (ass bones).

So, I tried the old trick for the stock seat that made it so much better... the one where you put an aluminum flatbar under the seat's front bracket to lift the front of the seat 3/4 of an inch or so (see THIS thread), and hot damn! It has transformed my Badlwin from being moderately better than stock to a very comfortable seat! The whole thing now feels completely flat... not unlike the Triumph Tiger seat (if anyone has tried it), and it feels much more comforming. Yippee!!!

Anyway, I pass this on to anyone who might want to try it!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you found an answer; you, obviously, are not inseam challenged like many of us!!!

:>)-
That trick just lifts the front of the seat, and not by much.

You can hardly tell the front has been raised. It's good stuff!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hate to hear that you were having trouble with your Baldwin. Mine has been great, 2 hours on the seat with no problems and mine does seem to sit flat and I don't slide forward anymore.
Did you get the gel insert?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I didn't, and I seem to be the very rare exception to the happy with baldwin rule!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts