Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on BSB. I almost got hit by a Jeep on the wrong side of the road this morning. That will scare the crap out of you. I missed it but you just never know when it will be your turn.

That wreck, as it turns out, was a nasty one, indeed. Word I got, from several sources, including a paramedic, is that some kid was coming around a corner almost entirely on the wrong side of the road, and hit three bikes head on. One rider, male, was taken by ambulance to the hospital in Blairsville. Another, female, and apparently the first to make contact with the car, was Life-Flighted to Chattanooga. She was apparently thrown some 80 yds down the embankment (exactly where, I don't know, as the cops/GSP wouldn't let anyone anywhere near the scene, but it was somewhere within the last 1/2 mile or so north of the Blood Mountain welcome center (or whatever-tf it is) 129.

The crazy twist is that the dood's car flipped, he was reportedly covered in blood, climbed out of the car, and some douchebag gave him a ride down to Turner's Corner. Last I knew, he had not yet been found. Whoever the hell was dumb enough to do that oughtta have to answer the authorities for it, as well. I'd almost bet they know the dood, and were trying to help him get away with it.

There were a few people at Dale's as Lui, Billy, and I were about to leave, that were waiting for the injured riders, at that time (obviously) unaware of what had happened. I ran up 180, then 129, and got stopped. They passed emergency vehicles, trying to find their friends, and got a minor ass-chewing from an officer.

After traffic had been turned around, I spotted those same two at the turn-off to 180, along 129, and pulled in to see if they knew anything, to confirm it was their friend and, if so, to see if there was anything I could do to help. At first, they needed to go to the hospital in Blairsville, but weren't exactly sure where it was, so I found it with the gps, and offered to just lead them up there. Before it was all said and done, they'd actually spoken with the guy admitted in Blairsville (I think), and were gonna go directly to Chattanooga. I actually offered to lead them there, too, but one guy had a good paper map in his tankbag, and they decided they had it covered.

I gave one guy (Jay?) my business card and asked him to call me if there was anything I could do for them down around Atlanta tonight, as they'd all be in Chattanooga, and also asked him to email me about their condition when he could.

It seems the guy in Blairsville (Jason, they said) is busted up pretty well, but mostly ok. The girl they flew to Chattanooga, though, is obviously not ok at all. Y'all think good thoughts, pray, etc. for her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts