Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever have days when you don't feel right on the bike?

Today was that day and I almost got myself killed...

Coming up to Red light in unfamiliar area and going right on red via a merge lane...as I was merging it looked like the merge lane continued...as I completed the turn, traffic was there, but since I had a lane all to myself I kept going, but I don't know what the H#ll I was thinking or misred the lane,,,but there was none! The merge land dumped into a regular lane filled with faster moving vehicles! Once I realized I steepened my turn and came up beside a mini van (upon which I would have been a hood ornament had I continued on my line) and braked behind him...the guy behind the van was all too unhappy with me (I could tell because he rode my ass after that); I signaled my fault but I guess that was not enough!

Anyway, my fault entirely, but I could tell this AM that I just was not smooth, not overly comfortable. The first time that a mistake of mine almost got me!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think that feeling has probably happened to all of us, luckly in most cases with not as sever consequences as yours. Many times, first thing in the morning I don't feel that sharp so I just cruise for an hour or so until i get a more confident feeling.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Probably the unfamiliar area was the major contributing factor. Everyone has done stupid things and you learn from them. You didn't go down or make contact. Make it a lesson learned.

Glad your OK.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, we all have days like those... When I used to fly we had a saying... " It is better to be on the ground wishing you flying than in the air wishing you were on the ground".... Meaning, sometimes when you "just don't feel right, maybe it's time to park the bike".

Glad you're still with us
Richard

·
Super Moderator
19,395 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Glad you are OK, unscratched. Someone up above was watching out for you. I had the same experience, but this time it was me in the car and this bike merged out too soon, and I had to switch lane to avoid a side collision. I signaled him that we nearly hit, and he waved back acknowledging that. It was morning and so, I guess he was still in a little daze. Thank God, I had space to avoid him. I guess it happens to all of us once in a while. May be a strong cup of coffee and a prayer prior to the ride, and a good nite's sleep should be the right ingredients for a morning ride.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Glad nothing happened to you apart from blood pressure going through the roof, most riders have some sort of experince at times, not nice but thats life. If we wanted to all keep safe we would lock our doors and stay inside 24/7 but where the fun in that. Treat all other road users like they are total morons and as you done admit we also make mistakes and learn from them.

·
Premium Member
7,840 Posts
If you at any point of time get this feeling take a break and wash the bike.
I had about 3 days leave and just didn't feel right to ride so sat and watch TV which I dont do most of the time and did a trough wash for the bike.

Tomorrow back to work save and sound.

Glad you are Ok man, always trust yourself and dont push.

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts