Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some major issues with my 2013 Versys. I replaced my front tire about a week ago and was all set and had no problems. Until I rode it for a few days and I began to notice a sort of popping sound coming from my front wheel. At first quite and not very often. Now several days later it sound awful. It's now a sound that scares me. It pops still like before but now it does it every rotation my tire makes. Now it's a very load popping noise that also sound like it's grinding a bit too. I have parked it for now but I'm at a lose. I took the wheel back off and checked my bearing but they seem fine, then I made sure neither one of my disks were warped and they were not. The wheel is balanced as well but the sound is still there. Anybody know of a fix for this or know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Your front brake calipers were bolted back on good and tight? Axle nut was also properly torqued? You need to find out what you're hearing, and what you did wrong.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
maybe try and see if the wheel and axel is the problem.

pull it off and put axel into wheel and rest it onto some car jacks or some thing and rotate and see if you can hear it.

very easy to get some grit into the wheel bearings when doing a tyre change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts