Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have this happen, just like a carbureted bike? Like when you blip the throttle going in to first gear. It is symptomatic after the bike has been sitting and cooled off.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would also say ignition timing .

Magnaversys - can a tight inlet valve not also cause this ?
I guess so... A compression test would reveal that. What would cause it to stick only under certain conditions though? Since timing is a result of the ECU and sensors, there just seems to be more room for error there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine does it every once in a while. Very small, but it is always when cold. I figured it is just due to the intake valves being tight. I have't checked clearances and only have 4K miles on the bike. I also have many other mods to the intake and fuel system, so I'm not so sure it isn't something I've introduced to the bike. But it runs awesome after it is warmed up.

If it is due to timing you might check out your TPS (throttle position sensor) and see if it is set up right. I haven't done this either, but Invader has a thread I beleive. TPS could affect the timing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem. I have had the same problem since day one after leaving the dealership. They thought it was normal. However, I have spoke to others, and it is definitely not normal for a Kawasaki or any other bike for that matter. First off, this is a digitally fuel injected bike with electronically controlled throttle bodies. There should be no way this type of problem could show up with this type of fuel metering system, if everything else has been set up correctly. It could be a number of different issues related to combustion. Spark, intake, fuel, timing. All could be culprits. I took my bike into the dealership because after the first service my gas economy dropped from 60 mpg down to 36 mpg. I suspect that there is something wrong in one of these areas. My dealer has good mechanics. I am sure they will find the problem. I just hope it is soon, because I miss my ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts