Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally cooled down here enough to start commuting on the V again. It was actually a little too cool: all my air-flow gear was working against me! :)

Anyway, really enjoyed it. I love fall.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are you guys able to ride year around in Dallas? The truly hearty could do it here in Central Valley of California if it were not for the fog that sets in every winter. Thick, nasty and cold- burrrrr.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ride year around, yes. It still gets pretty cold in the winter so bundling up is needed. But it's way to hot in the summer to commute and expect to work in an office. We get lows in the 80s in the summer. :(

·
Registered
901 Posts
Kinda funny our commuting season is coming to a close....colder wetter days soon the dreaded white stuff will curse the ground. I would brave the cold but since I already run my daughter to school then run back home to pick up the bike and head to work, when the weather is less than ideal for riding I tend to just head straight to work in the cage...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yea I was back there working a few weeks back in the Dallas Fortworth area. HOT !!! HUMID!!

Don't think I would have been outside for anything and if I had my bike there I would not have riden it either.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It finally cooled down here enough to start commuting on the V again. It was actually a little too cool: all my air-flow gear was working against me! :)

Anyway, really enjoyed it. I love fall.
Yes it was, a beautiful day to ride. Finally didn't have to hang my gear in front of the fan when i got home to dry out from all the sweat.

Yea - you can commute all year round here in Dallas - sidebar a couple of heavy rain days, the once a year snow. The hardest is the month of August, its just brutal.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's amazing how much difference a few days make. Friday it was way too warm.

I do think I'll be ordering some more cold weather gear this week (at least gloves).

·
Premium Member
16,103 Posts
It's amazing how much difference a few days make. Friday it was way too warm.

I do think I'll be ordering some more cold weather gear this week (at least gloves).

The Black Speed & Strength Jacket i had on the day we meet up at the spring creek bbq is good with out the liner till about 35 degrees then below that i put the liner in. I rode last winter with just the regular mechanix gloves fingers got abit cold this year for winter i'm trying the mechanix cold weather glove as well as a couple different gloves.

http://www.mechanix.com/cold-weather-glove

·
Registered
307 Posts
I sure hope we have an easy winter here this year. My Michellin PR2s really do not inspire confidence in the rain, but they are fantastic for dry roads.. le sigh...

·
Registered
303 Posts
I love fall riding in Utah. I started a 6 am shift at work and I ride in with the stars, which is starting to get a little chilly. It's nice to miss all the traffic though. I rode with my mesh on this afternoon but certainly want leather in the mornings!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I rode last winter with just the regular mechanix gloves fingers got abit cold this year for winter i'm trying the mechanix cold weather glove as well as a couple different gloves.
I have mechanic's gloves (different brand) and don't think I could handle them in the cold. :)

I was thinking about one of the pairs of the Alpinestars Drystar gloves.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sure hope we have an easy winter here this year. My Michellin PR2s really do not inspire confidence in the rain, but they are fantastic for dry roads.. le sigh...
I thought the PR2s were some of the better rain tires. No?

·
Premium Member
16,103 Posts
I have mechanic's gloves (different brand) and don't think I could handle them in the cold. :)

I was thinking about one of the pairs of the Alpinestars Drystar gloves.

Did you check out the link. There for cold weather and wind resistant. If you make the bbq run I'll have them so you can check them out and there only about $25.00

·
Premium Member
16,103 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you check out the link. There for cold weather and wind resistant. If you make the bbq run I'll have them so you can check them out and there only about $25.00
I did check it out. My thinking is there's a difference between:

It could be really miserable changing a tire in the wind and cold, especially if I hit my knuckle with the torque wrench, so I'm glad I have these nice Mechanix gloves on​

and

It could be really miserable riding in a 40 degree ambient temperature at 70 miles an hour, so I'm glad I have these nice winter motorcycle gloves on​

That's all. ;)

·
Premium Member
16,103 Posts
I did check it out. My thinking is there's a difference between:

It could be really miserable changing a tire in the wind and cold, especially if I hit my knuckle with the torque wrench, so I'm glad I have these nice Mechanix gloves on​

and

It could be really miserable riding in a 40 degree ambient temperature at 70 miles an hour, so I'm glad I have these nice winter motorcycle gloves on​

That's all. ;)

Why change a tire???? ;)

http://www.stopngo.com/products/plugger/1000.asp

1 - 18 of 18 Posts