Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little backroadin' on Saturday with my wife and our friend Brian...

We rode the ferry and met other "mopadders", as my mother-in-law calls us...

We played on HWY 232, the "Tennessee BABY Dragon"...

We crossed over into the LBL National Recreation Area on Fort Henry Road (nice twisties...and just minutes from 232!)...

We stopped at the LBL South Welcome Station to enjoy the springtime blooms.....

We crossed back over the river in 21st century fashion...

We found more back roads...

Then we dropped Brian off and drove home to Paris on 641N...

Finally, we broke off on 218E bypass for the last 5 min stretch before home. I think my wife had a good time...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Nice pics! Where is the ferry? I didn't know that there were any in TN.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice pics! Where is the ferry? I didn't know that there were any in TN.
Thank you! The ferry crosses the Tennessee River connecting the northern tip of Benton County with Stewart County. From the Benton County side, the ferry is at the end of Danville Rd, East Northeast of Big Sandy. From the Stewart County side take 147 West from Tennessee Ridge, TN. The ferry ride took about 10 minutes. Highway 232 is approximately 2 miles east of the ferry in Stewart County and heads north for 10 or 11 miles to highway 79 and the southern tip of Land Between the Lakes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
awesome...I live on the western side of LbL, in the Aurora/Benton ky area...LbL is an awesome place to ride. The north check station is closer to us... and offers tremendous Mt. Bike trails. Which they only open to motorbikes once a year. But i'm only about 10 miles from turkey creek...which is a major testing ground for Kawasaki...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice pics thanks . looks like yall had some good riding weather.
The sun was shining and there wasn't any wind, and the temp hovered in the upper 50's most of the day. Any discomfort I may have felt from underdressing was trumped by the fun I was having :)

awesome...I live on the western side of LbL, in the Aurora/Benton ky area...LbL is an awesome place to ride. The north check station is closer to us... and offers tremendous Mt. Bike trails. Which they only open to motorbikes once a year. But i'm only about 10 miles from turkey creek...which is a major testing ground for Kawasaki...
Hey Josh!

We are practically neighbors! LBL is our favorite place to go, whether it be hiking (I'm ready to do the North-South trail!) or riding "The Trace" from bottom to top to bottom. We live about 30 minutes from the South Welcome Station. We haven't been to the Mt. Biking Trails, but I've seen them on our LBL trail maps. We ride up the trace to Grand Rivers quite often to dine at "Patti's". MMMM! Have you tried the thick pork chop? LORDY MERCY.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My wife loves Patti's... I'm more fond of the deserts! The canal loop trail is 14 miles of intenseness is all i can say... We ride two to three times a week from april to november typically. Now only if i could figure out how to carry the trek on the V.... my imagination is wondering!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Interesting...someone spells Kawasaki backwards on yours! :yeahsmile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts