Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long slog from florida and back on the Oregon coast for sig others career. Versys out of storage. New house South of Newport about a block east of the PCH. observation: Florida roads are flat straight and warm. Oregon roads curvy, windy and cold. Analysis: Versys seems much more spirited and fun in Oregon, despite chilly hands and feet. Carry on. :thanx:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd like to add that I'm observing a lot of late season Adventure riders on the Pacific coast highway. Numerous aerostich clad riders on KLR's, GS's etc. with requisite sticker adorned aluminum panniers with mounds of camping gear bungee'd on. Some headed north and just as many headed south. Have yet to see a Versys in similar livery thus far. I am however getting the impression that the KLR 650 is in fact the official motorcycle of the Oregon coast.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)Oh yeah, sig other tells me she's ready for me to purchase that "really tall windshield I've been yapping about"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Keep your eyes open. You may see me riding by someday. (But my panniers are plastic and have no stickers on them.)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I took a spin to the coast yesterday, didn't see any bikes, though. Versys is put to bed for the winter and I'm breaking in the WR250R. Was a mighty chilly ride home over the coast range with the nano fairing on the R:cool:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NICE! brothers in Versys nearby! As I look out my window at the rain and rough surf this place feels a little warmer.....not like Florida...but warmer nonetheless
Rik
South Beach, Oregon
08 Versys the red one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts