Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First...I cannot stand doing vehicle electric! :mad: I can wire a house but when it comes to anything automotive I'm a retard!

I bought a Back-Off Brake Modulator. After reading the threads everyone said the BLUE wire comes from the brake light.
The modulator has two wires, one red (goes to the power) and one wire red/white (goes to the brake light.)

I pulled the seat and got into the wires. There are 3 - a red, a blue/purple, and a purple/black. I hooked it up to modulator red - brake light red and modulator white/red - brake light blue/purple.

All the modulator did was flash and hold (as its supposed to) but it never shuts off. When I did get it to work (applying the brake lever to get the flashes) there was no tail light.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Did you tap into the tail light wire instead of the brake wire? That would explain the constant on...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since giving up on this thing I just tried to install it again. Still doesn't work.

I went straight off the brake light wires. I have a BLUE, a RED and a YELLOW/BLACK. (I know, different colors than what I previously thought!)

Anyway, I read some older posts that said "ONLY THE BLUE WIRE" so I did just that. Still...nothing. Suggestions? And is the "Original Back-Off Modulator" the right one for this bike? The modulator has just the two wires, a RED and a RED/WHITE.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've used this on a few bikes, it's my favorite flash pattern out of a few modulators I've tried.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/car-strobe-modules/brake-light-strobe-module/194/844/
Simple in-line hookup. But it only works for LED brake lights since the flash rate is pretty high. I have had two die after a couple years use, but they have both died in a way that the brake acts like it would stock. I usually cut the brake line, and use male/female bullet crimp connectors so that if it fails, I can remove it and use the bullet connectors to plug it back in to bypass the modulator.

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts