Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I'm required to post two times in this newbie intro area before I can post anywhere else. So here I go.

I just picked up my second Versys 650 last week, a black/grey 2016 model.

I had the first gen red one back in 2008 and sold it within a year. I just couldn't get used to or completely resolve the buffeting issues and also found it to be a little too buzzy at highway speeds.

I'm happy to report that both of those issues have been completely eradicated with this 3rd gen model.

More to report and I'm sure questions to be asked in later posts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I really dig the new ride with the green shock. I have a 12 V, black with silver shock but I have to say the green just screams Kawasaki to me. I am one of the few that think these bikes look better naked without the bags.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome cmbort, I like the black, me got a black one too! Me likey kind of naked too!! I took alot of my plastic hanging junk off of mine.

Enjoy the forum and the new V

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcomes Destroyem, Markie Motard and fasteddiecopeman. The dealer I bought the bike from had a 2015 White V on the floor, but I held out for the black one to arrive. Glad black was available this year in the US. Also been relieved that winter has held off on delivering the usual snow storms here in the New York region as it has allowed me time to break in the bike and get the first oil change before storing it away when the snow does eventually hit.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome back. Eradicated - great word!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thanks Weljo2001 and AlaskaJeff.
Sure thing, BTW what part of NY are you in? I spent my youth in Upstate near Saratoga.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure thing, BTW what part of NY are you in? I spent my youth in Upstate near Saratoga.
I'm in Queens, but commute to Yonkers every day which is about 18 miles to the north, just above the Bronx.

Saratoga is beautiful country. I love upstate NY and hope to get some good rides in up there come the warmer weather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts