Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some axle sliders for my little X300 with the hope of making servicing the wheels (spokes) and other stuff easier. The only problem is that the cotter pins for the castle nuts on each axle won't be able to go back in on the slider shafts are installed. I have researched a self-locking style nut that would allow the pass through, but haven't come up with much. I imagine someone else has already put some of these in and any advice would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
I ordered some axle sliders for my little X300 with the hope of making servicing the wheels (spokes) and other stuff easier. The only problem is that the cotter pins for the castle nuts on each axle won't be able to go back in on the slider shafts are installed. I have researched a self-locking style nut that would allow the pass through, but haven't come up with much. I imagine someone else has already put some of these in and any advice would be appreciated!
Any photos? If concerned about coming loose, use blue loctite.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy peasy kit. No instructions as advertised, but not necessarily needed. They include a locknut to replace the factory castle nut and cotter pin. You them thread the line through and put the cap on, tighten both sides with a 10mm and be on your way. There are certainly worse ways to spend $75.

Link for parts:
https://www.t-rex-racing.com/searchresults.asp?Search=Versys-X+300+Axle&Submit=

My only gripe is I wish they used the same size blocks on both sides of the rear spool.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
You remember what size Socket you used to take of the original rear axle nut? My standard socket set doesn't accommodate that large nut. Thx!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts