Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a mk2 2014 650cc model and I have some after market auxiliary lights I want to fit is there a method of wiring these so the come on when the headlight is on and I have a handlebar switch to control it’s on/off action I have a on/off four pin relay as well. The Kawasaki OE ones are so expensive and I’ll probably brake them lol Thanks in advance Nikki

·
Super Moderator
20,588 Posts
I'm NOT the electrical genius here (onewizard IS!) but I just used a power source (the DRL - Daytime Running Lights) that is OFF or ON w/ ignition "OFF or ON".

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Hi I have a mk2 2014 650cc model and I have some after market auxiliary lights I want to fit is there a method of wiring these so the come on when the headlight is on and I have a handlebar switch to control it’s on/off action I have a on/off four pin relay as well. The Kawasaki OE ones are so expensive and I’ll probably brake them lol Thanks in advance Nikki
Do you have the auxiliary power relay Added? A real simple fix is to convert your city lights to LED and then connect to the city lights circuit, it has a 10 amp fuse, here is the link, I have well over 1000 hours on my Philips led lights.
The main thread;

And one with photos

Reactions: Nikki101

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
If I am not mistaken, I think that OP is asking how to wire Auxiliary lights, not changing the main bulbs to LED. you would need to fit a proper harness with LED fog lights, relay and connect to battery. Or else you might fry some wires in the front if you connect them directly. I know some people who connect directly and seem to be ok, but I would not take the risk.

·
Registered
2013 v650
313 Posts
I have a 2013 mk2. I installed the relay to make the accessory connection come on with the key. Wired from the accessory connection to my handle bar switch then to the light assembly. My lights come on with the key. The relay socket and connectors are under the left side fairing. READ THE MANUAL TO TAKE OFF THE FAIRING.

If you want the lights to come on only with your high beam or low beam you could use the power to that light as the control/ coil wire for an added relay. Some high end lights might come with adapter harnesses and relays so your auxiliary lights are low and high beams.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Not quoting. But I provided links. I suggested converting to LED city lights, for $13 the energy saved would be half of the power needed for said accessory lighting, no relay needed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would use the relay to switch power to the lights on or off, or in your case to the switch that controls the lights, and you can use just about any key operated light source, be it tail lights etc to act as a trigger for the relay. I would also fuse the relay power source from the battery. That way if the key is off there is no way for somebody to come along and switch the lights on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts