Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I will add to the question. I'm looking for driving/fog/rinning lights with the following features:
1) Good pattern and additional lighting
2) Power load as low as possible
3) $100 or less (that probably eliminates HID).
Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The ones in my avitar picture are LED lights and are great for being seen but don't add much at all to the projected light pattern.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The biggest problem I found is finding round lights , most driving/fog lights at stores are egg shaped or kind of square.
I installed lights mostly to add visabilty for oncoming traffic. My install uses longer bolts and spacers I got at Lowe's. NO DRILLING OR looking for brackets. Plus a switch that lights up when turned on.
These lights do get HOT to the touch but have not had any problems with them.

Cb

Cb

·
Registered
501 Posts
MotoLights. I've had the very same set on my last three bikes. Kinda pricey though. I paid $300 or around there several years ago. 35 watt halogens and I've not replaced a bulb yet.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
MotoLights. I've had the very same set on my last three bikes. Kinda pricey though. I paid $300 or around there several years ago. 35 watt halogens and I've not replaced a bulb yet.

I know :eek:fftopic:

Very nice and artsy picture, but, must have being a very wet dismount ... ;)

LOP

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just finished up installing a set of $20 Wal Mart driving lights. 55w (x2) hologen. They're the egg shaped and seem to have kind of a high beam throw. I installed them in the same location as siyeh above and had to aim them fairly low to get the beam to match somewhat closely to the low beam.

No drilling but I did have to remove the right fairing. I just finished with aiming them so I haven't had a chance to take them out on the road yet. I'm a little concerned with how well the mounting will stay in place. I'll test drive them tomorrow. I'll also post pics of how I installed them tomorrow as well.

·
Registered
575 Posts
$15 at Princess Auto in Canada. 55w a piece with a wide narrow beam of yellowish light. Good for lighting up cross streets and signs. Also good for catching the eye of forrest rats and other creatures.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
$15 at Princess Auto in Canada. 55w a piece with a wide narrow beam of yellowish light. Good for lighting up cross streets and signs. Also good for catching the eye of forrest rats and other creatures.:D
How did you mount them? I'm going to stop by PA today to see if they have any locally. Can't beat the price!

·
Registered
43 Posts
CUFF,
I'm also interested in how and where exactly you mounted them. Do they have a metal mounting bracket? A lot of the ones at Princes Auto in Saskatoon have a plastic mount which might crack. I might stop off at PA again.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Here are some pictures of the mounting set up. First go around I used some high strength stainless steel clamps but guess what, they broke. I ended up putting on the cheap chrome ones as a temp mesure that ended up lasting over a year. I'll keep them until they give it up.

The switch is a toggle on the dash along side my heated grip toggle. I want to get matching switches but I'm having a hard time finding a 2-way and a 3- that match and don't cost $30 per.

Sorry the bike is filthy but it's my daily rider and the weather up here has been crap. Spring clean of all the little hidden parts coming up soon.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
That looks like a pretty easy but good method / location. Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
That looks like a pretty easy but good method / location. Thanks
Thanks a lot. Still looking for a permanent strap to mount them with. You notice the zip ties I put there "just in case", but have never needed them. Maybe the cheap pipe clamps will stay?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Anybody done the big lights like KCs or PIAA? I want to some big gnarly lights with the black guards on the front.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anybody done the big lights like KCs or PIAA? I want to some big gnarly lights with the black guards on the front.
I know this is an old thread....but I am looking for the same type of lights. Did you find any? And if so, how did you mount them, etc.? :feedback:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts