Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Aux power hook-ups in the front?

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  silviefox 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just curious before I dig into the bike. Just picked up a 2008 650 a few days ago and want to put my GPS on it. Is there any sort of auxiliary power already on the bike, or will I have to roll my own solution? Not my first rodeo. I just hate how messy my wiring can get sometimes.

#5 ·
I had a 12volt outlet wired to the battery. It worked fine. But the weather and humidity here, caused it to rust etc.
I found here somewhere, someone using a Levin Solar cell, USB charger. I ordered mine from Amazon. Now when my USB devices get low, I plug in to the solar cell. On a full charge, it has recharged my phone 4 times, before it needed recharging.
I have a Moto Centric tank bag with the map pocket. I place the solar cell there while riding, so that it is charged a ready.
Take a look here.

http://www.amazon.com/Levin-Solar-Panel-Charger-12000mAh/dp/B00MJQ41N0/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435152239&sr=1-3&keywords=levin+solar+charger

#7 ·
Lot's of cheap power ports on EBay. Make sure mounting location does not impact your ability to move the bars lock to lock. Some dash locations can do this, especially if you have hand guards. The adaptor on the cord of most GPS systems sticks out a good inch or more.

#9 ·
I have a Givi B33 Monolock. It seems just the right size and looks great on the bike. If you really wanted to match it you could paint the top with matching colorrite paint (same paint code).

Givi makes two lines of cases. The Monokey line is made of slightly flexible plastic and slightly cheaper in cost. The monolock line is made of harder, more rigid plastic and has weather stripping on the lid and a slightly more finished appearance up close. The plate to attach the box differs from Monokey to Monolock.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.