Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question now is how to mount these on my generation 2 Versys. I don't really want to attach these to the outside of the crash bars as they would then be vulnerable in a drop. Suggestions please. Please post picks if you've installed aux lights on your Versys.

I've recently purchased a set of driving lights off of EBay after reading about them on this forum. Build quality seems very good for the $30 price although they are not yet installed so I can't comment on their performance.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I've seen brackets made to mount them to the lower fork bolts, and I seen brackets made to mount them to the frame itself. And I've also seem clamp mounts that have them on the fork leg as well. TTs sell a nice bracket that will NEVER break it looks like but it's about $70.00 and you have to remove it to get the mid fairings off. There are lots of options out there. Check TwistThrottle.com and Superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have Clearwater lights mounted to the forks, about 5 inches above the front axles. Yes, they stick out, but not much. I also have axle sliders on the front. When I dropped the bike (2009 V, Gen 2) in the driveway a few weeks ago, the light was undamaged even though the slider was scratched. (It was a stationary drop and maybe there would have been damage to the light had the bike been moving; I don't know.)

This is my long way of saying that you might consider visiting the Clearwater Lights site to see if their fork mounting bracket would work with your lights. The brackets look nice and are fashioned from bendable aluminum.

Come to think of it, I slammed that same light against the bumper of the family minivan once, when I was wheeling my bike into the garage. The impact bent the bracket, which I bent back straight. The light was unscathed. This was before I installed the axle sliders.

Clearwater might give you other mounting ideas. A lot of people prefer to install lights below the headlights instead of on the forks.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have mine miunted on the forks, directly under the lower tripple. I used some mounts for attaching larger truck lights to a roll bar/brush guard. They required a lot of moding to get them to work though in the end....If I was redoing the job I would just use some U-bolts and flat aluminum stock to make them. Much easier and cheaper.

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
This is what I just ordered to put the lights on my front forks for my gen 1. You can have them off to the side, whee they may be protected depending on you bar /protection system, or mount them fully protected by having the swivel at 90 degrees. There is on made and sold by SW moto for the Denali's, but I think it has the lights partially block the turn signals. I don't know if it would work for yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Twisted Throttle will be coming out with mounts specific to the second gen. They mount to the same location as the SW Motech but are more flush to the bike. I currently have the prototypes on. I don't know when the final product will be available.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts